Author Topic: LUPIN III'S ORIGINS THEORY (Warning: SPOILERS!)  (Read 9854 times)

Kid Lupin Jr.

• Part of the Gang
  • I'm Back~!!!
    • [Lupin Maniac]
LUPIN III'S ORIGINS THEORY (Warning: SPOILERS!)
« on: May 03, 2013, 08:52:35 pm »
Hi, Guys. It's been a long while since I've been on here. I was Lunatic! back in the old forums. Sorry I've been away for a while. I forgot my password on how to enter in here. So, I made a new account on here. So for now, me and my best pal, lilluther from the old forums, will be using this account.  If u guys haven't figured it out by now, the name is a homage to Lupin Jr (AKA Kid Lupin). This is no Creepypasta theory thing. Meaning there's nothing in here twisted and creepy about the Lupin family. This is stuff I researched and noticed in the manga and anime franchise (yes, even the live action movie). This topic is open for debate on the characters origins.

Warning: If u want Lupin's past to remain a mystery :-X or just want to find out for urself, then don't read.

(click to show/hide)

That's all I have for now on Lupin's backstory. If anyone has anything on Lupin or the gang's past (revealed through flashbacks or stories), place comment on the bottom of the page, and I will work it into the rest of the theory for Lupin's, Jigen's, Goemon's, Fujiko's, and Zenigata's origins.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 03:49:44 am by Kid Lupin Jr. »
LUPIN~!!!
LUPIN~!!!
LUPIN~!!!

Red Dear

• Lupin The Third analyst and crazy penciller
  • Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
Re: LUPIN III'S ORIGINS THEORY PART 1 (Warning: SPOILERS!)
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 10:03:52 am »
Welcome back Lunatic! (sorry I'm too used to your old pseudo).
Interesting theory but you need to flesh your arguments a teeny bit more.

The idea of Jigen and Lupin III being childhood friends is one of the most famous tropes
in the fandom. Japanese fanartists have made numerous drawings based on this, showing Jigen
and Lupin during their childhood.

As for the orphanage, really intriguing concept but not completely inconcievable. Looking forward for
more speculation. :D
Time to play the game, time to get a chance !

Kid Lupin Jr.

• Part of the Gang
  • I'm Back~!!!
    • [Lupin Maniac]
Re: LUPIN III'S ORIGINS THEORY (Warning: SPOILERS!)
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 06:42:12 pm »
I'm sorry if its imcomplete. So, I have to post bits and pieces of his origin for now. The first thing,  I'm gonna start on is his early years (before the jackets). I have the first half of the origin typed out from what I saw and heard from the Red, Green, Pink jackets, the first manga, OVAs, specials, and Woman Named Fujiko Mine. I have one thing from the second manga series, and that's that Lupin actually met Melon Cop during his past as a thief starting out
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 03:39:49 am by Kid Lupin Jr. »
LUPIN~!!!
LUPIN~!!!
LUPIN~!!!

LadyLupin

• Part of the Gang
  • Lady Lupin Sansei
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 05:04:25 am »
Interesting origins.  ;)

This reminds me of a role play I did with a friend. Lupin was basically being raised by his grandfather. Jigen was about a decade older and was hired by the senior Lupin to be a bodyguard of the then ten year-old Lupin the 3rd. Lupin II might have been dead. Lupin mentioned he died at some point in the Green Jacket series (Rescue the Shrewish Girl).

I know the original manga features a young Lupin in volumes 4 & 5. He looks roughly ten there.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 05:09:31 am by LadyLupin »

Kid Lupin Jr.

• Part of the Gang
  • I'm Back~!!!
    • [Lupin Maniac]
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 02:28:22 pm »
Interesting origins.  ;)

This reminds me of a role play I did with a friend. Lupin was basically being raised by his grandfather. Jigen was about a decade older and was hired by the senior Lupin to be a bodyguard of the then ten year-old Lupin the 3rd. Lupin II might have been dead. Lupin mentioned he died at some point in the Green Jacket series (Rescue the Shrewish Girl).

I know the original manga features a young Lupin in volumes 4 & 5. He looks roughly ten there.

Thanx. I actually researched the flash backs and used the Ypung Lupin story arc from the first series manga as a reference and I took bits and pieces of Lupin's past from hints, stories, and flashbacks. I just need more things from the second series manga, Shin Lupin III (World's Most Wanted) to start with part two and then I can connect the first, second, and third series and mangas. Do u kno any stories from the manga that tells Lupin or the gang's pasts (that includes Zeingata)?
LUPIN~!!!
LUPIN~!!!
LUPIN~!!!

veggie 11

• Part of the Gang
    • My blogs
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 04:53:06 pm »
No, there aren't any story in the Shin Lupin manga about the gang's past. Except Lupin, no one had their past described by Monkey Punch (so in the canon version, not the others adaptations). Jigen could have two pasts in chapter 10 and 11: he is in the first one Lupin's old friend since childhood or an ex-cop that was charged to arrest Lupin. That's all we know about him. Fujiko has so many versions of her that we didn't know actually who is the real Fujiko. We know Goemon's situation at the time he met Lupin, but nothing how he received Ryusei (Zantetsuken's manga version). And nothing about Zenigata (except that he was probably married, because his grand-son is a student in law.

That's the Monkey Punch version. After him, others mangakas tried to create different pasts about Lupin and his friends, very similar to the second series or Tv special (like Jigen).
But why Miyazaki was so obsessed to draw this horrible fringle to Jigen in EVERY Lupin anime he did?
-----------------------------------------
I decided to strike for the recognition of Jigen, Goemon and Fujiko's sacrifice in The Castle of Cagliostro

Kid Lupin Jr.

• Part of the Gang
  • I'm Back~!!!
    • [Lupin Maniac]
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2013, 07:51:22 pm »
No, there aren't any story in the Shin Lupin manga about the gang's past. Except Lupin, no one had their past described by Monkey Punch (so in the canon version, not the others adaptations). Jigen could have two pasts in chapter 10 and 11: he is in the first one Lupin's old friend since childhood or an ex-cop that was charged to arrest Lupin. That's all we know about him. Fujiko has so many versions of her that we didn't know actually who is the real Fujiko. We know Goemon's situation at the time he met Lupin, but nothing how he received Ryusei (Zantetsuken's manga version). And nothing about Zenigata (except that he was probably married, because his grand-son is a student in law.

That's the Monkey Punch version. After him, others mangakas tried to create different pasts about Lupin and his friends, very similar to the second series or Tv special (like Jigen).

Thanx for the entail, bud. But, Jigen was never the long arm of the law. He was originally a hitman for the mafia actually hired to kill Lupin at first and Lupin outsmarted him. That part of the past was in the Lupin franchise wayyyy before Episode 0: First Contact (that's the only character origin they got right). Actually a character named Melon Cop was actually a police officer in the ICPO in charge of capturing Lupin before he ever "met" Zenigata. That was all I got on Lupin's past in Shin Lupin III (WMW). I see that there isn't anymore after that. I'm gonna include that in the theory also. But, then again, Lupin and Jigen could have met up again when they were grown up when Jigen was hired to kill Lupin during the "manga" days. I might find more entail on that subject before finishing the theory. Thanx for the help btw. That saved me a lot of time. ^^
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 07:55:04 pm by Kid Lupin Jr. »
LUPIN~!!!
LUPIN~!!!
LUPIN~!!!

veggie 11

• Part of the Gang
    • My blogs
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2013, 04:54:18 am »
Jigen is not explicitly a hitman from the mafia in the Monkey Punch version. In the first series, he meets an old ennemy that killed his 'aniki' (brother in yakusa language) long time ago. That's the only reference to an eventual mafia past for Jigen. In chapter 11, he is really presented as a cop (Fujiko number 11 speaks about him as Jigen 'keiji' which means the policeman Jigen).
But why Miyazaki was so obsessed to draw this horrible fringle to Jigen in EVERY Lupin anime he did?
I decided to strike for the recognition of Jigen, Goemon and Fujiko's sacrifice in The Castle of Cagliostro

Kid Lupin Jr.

• Part of the Gang
  • I'm Back~!!!
    • [Lupin Maniac]
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2013, 04:57:58 am »
My mistake. Thanx for the new info. ^^ This makes me wanna learn more about Jigen. ^^
LUPIN~!!!
LUPIN~!!!
LUPIN~!!!

LadyLupin

• Part of the Gang
  • Lady Lupin Sansei
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2013, 08:40:19 am »
Just for fun, I want to post a timeline based on my RPG with my friend, Ashley. I took certain liberties with events mentioned in the manga, anime, films, etc.

Here's my take:

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 08:41:18 am by LadyLupin »

veggie 11

• Part of the Gang
    • My blogs
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2013, 05:29:37 pm »
My mistake. Thanx for the new info. ^^ This makes me wanna learn more about Jigen. ^^

You are welcome  :D Jigen has a more developed and logical past in the anime I find, but the manga version isn't bad and interesting. It's possible that we learn more about him in Shin Lupin III, but as well I have only the last volumes in original language and that my japanese isn't really good, I don't know more...

Concerning your theory, I like it. She is interesting and mix well different informations from manga and anime  :D

Kid Lupin Jr.

• Part of the Gang
  • I'm Back~!!!
    • [Lupin Maniac]
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2013, 12:30:34 am »
Just for fun, I want to post a timeline based on my RPG with my friend, Ashley. I took certain liberties with events mentioned in the manga, anime, films, etc.

Here's my take:

(click to show/hide)
You're theories on the origins are interesting and well put together. I can't wait to hear more. Also Veggie 11, can u help me do more research behind the characters by chance and also can u scan anything form the mangas telling the stories of each character's history if u don't mind?
LUPIN~!!!
LUPIN~!!!
LUPIN~!!!

LadyLupin

• Part of the Gang
  • Lady Lupin Sansei
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2013, 09:11:09 am »
Thanks. I decided to go ahead and post Fu's backstory and his relationship with Lupin the 1st:

(click to show/hide)

Overall, I think it's a neat idea, but it needs fleshing out. I want to do more research on the historical aspect of things.

Jo

• Part of the Gang
  • natto mmm.
    • I am a vegan. Except on half price wing night.
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2013, 01:55:40 pm »
Thanks. I decided to go ahead and post Fu's backstory and his relationship with Lupin the 1st:

(click to show/hide)

Overall, I think it's a neat idea, but it needs fleshing out. I want to do more research on the historical aspect of things.

Interestingly well thought out! The only thing I'd comment on about historical accuracy is that it would be strange for a woman to be named Quanyin. It's not really a thing in China now, but prior to the revolution it'd be taboo to even consider naming someone after a religious or ruling figure.

Lupin III Manga Database[Scanlations and such are here]

LadyLupin

• Part of the Gang
  • Lady Lupin Sansei
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2013, 05:31:02 pm »

(click to show/hide)

Interestingly well thought out! The only thing I'd comment on about historical accuracy is that it would be strange for a woman to be named Quanyin. It's not really a thing in China now, but prior to the revolution it'd be taboo to even consider naming someone after a religious or ruling figure.

Phew! I'm relieved you're not offended by the historical references. As for Guanyin's name, I got it from one of those baby name sites a while back. I might change it to a Cantonese name. I I tentionally gave the children Mandarin first names due to Fu's respect for his heritage.

Huojin has a girlfriend named Mei-ling Ma. Her name is homage to two Chinese women I knew.