Author Topic: I'll consider it rumour or misinformation until otherwise confirmed, but...  (Read 5280 times)

SSJ3_Goku345

• Part of the Gang
Time to speculation has arrived!

Roots, the Japanese tea brand, has had a comercial campaign starring Lupin and the gang, as the last Oficial Magazine was announcing. This TV advert is part of the said campaign:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=36HtIpTV4mc

It seems strange to me that they haven't usted the regular/oficial artwork in this. May it have something to do with a new TV project? Remember what happened with the panchiko gane release prior to A Woman Called Fujiko Mine.

I don't think anyone is squeeing.. Gatsu mentioned a rumor and I mentioned seeing info on IMDB supporting said rumor.... then we thought about all the money Miyazaki-san gets or doesn't get from royalties.

The IMDB article stands out for the upcoming Japanese live action movie.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 11:52:09 am by SSJ3_Goku345 »

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
SSJ3: It's not unusual for them to produce Lupin anime exclusively for tie-ins. You can still find those Esso ads floating around the net, after all. Also, if you check Miyazaki's IMDB profile, under "writer", it mentions a Lupin III thing for 2014. But then fans submit fake stuff all the time to IMDB; so, again, that's why I'm taking this with a grain of salt.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 03:37:52 pm by GATSU »

SSJ3_Goku345

• Part of the Gang
SSJ3: It's not unusual for them to produce Lupin anime exclusively for tie-ins. You can still find those Esso ads floating around the net, after all. Also, if you check Miyazaki's IMDB profile, under "writer", it mentions a Lupin III thing for 2014. But then fans submit fake stuff all the time to IMDB; so, again, that's why I'm taking this with a grain of salt.

True. But look at this:

It had its own cover! Quite improblable it has something to do with the production of a new series, but well, it is something to take into account.

EDIT: I checked IMDB again. It indeed mentions Miyazaki, but the "Trivia" section talks about the upcoming live action. According to this profile, the series would hit on October 2014.  Plus, the last update of the page was on July... I am starting to think that IMDB has been the source of this information.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 06:49:06 am by SSJ3_Goku345 »