Author Topic: Who would have thought? -Hello, btw!  (Read 2120 times)

birchtree

• Part of the Gang
Who would have thought? -Hello, btw!
« on: August 02, 2013, 08:41:17 am »
Hello everybody!

I am not sure how active this board still is, but I would really love to chat with some fellow Lupin fans.

Although Lupin III is hugely popular in my homecountry, I technically became a fan very recently, let's say a few months ago, when for the umpteenth time they aired the series on tv.
The thing is, it is so popular here and I have always been casually exposed to it since I was a child, that I sort of always took it for granted.
I mean, I knew who was who (although I confess I believed that "Fujiko" and "Fujiko in the red jacket series" were different women, because the dubbing for some reason gave her a different name in Red), I knew what the style and humour of the series was, I even knew who my favourite character was already, but all that just superficially.
 :)
Watching it more regularly, with different eyes and mind probably, did something strange to me, and I started researching, watching films and episodes in the original language, and yeah, here I am now!

Akai Shuichi

• Shottogun
  • Part of the Gang
Re: Who would have thought? -Hello, btw!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 10:28:08 pm »
The forums are pretty active. Not exploding with activity every minute, but not dead every day for weeks either. I am actually quite curious, what is your home country?

birchtree

• Part of the Gang
Re: Who would have thought? -Hello, btw!
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 08:01:03 am »
Italy.

when I say "popular" I mean seriously popular. Like everyone and their plumber has seen or at least knows about Lupin III here. Quite literally: we were watching an episode once, while the plumber was doing some work in a nearby room, and suddenly he started commenting to it, saying how good Jigen's aim is, and "the other one, cutting everything with his sword"...  ;D