Author Topic: New live-action Lupin movie, in Japanese theaters August 30, 2014  (Read 28877 times)

penguintruth

• Part of the Gang
I don't see Fujiko in that pic---- wait, the person wearing white? That's Fujiko?

Ahahahaha, no. No, that can't be it. No no no no.

Red Dear

• Lupin The Third analyst and crazy penciller
  • Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
I don't see Fujiko in that pic---- wait, the person wearing white? That's Fujiko?

Ahahahaha, no. No, that can't be it. No no no no.

I'm not sure. Maybe. Why not ? She might be in disguise. But I don't recognize her face
from the promotional pictures so there's still doubt.

Strange that no one noticed that the man graping the Lupin actor's leg is caucasian (and the only one
on the picture, wich is understandable since it's a japanese production).  ::)
Time to play the game, time to get a chance !

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
Red: Kitamura is bilingual, because he spent a significant chunk of his life in Australia. So I guess he works with an international crew.

Red Dear

• Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
Red: Kitamura is bilingual, because he spent a significant chunk of his life in Australia. So I guess he works with an international crew.

Thank you for this information, Gatsu ! :) I think Kitamura being the director is a plus. I saw two of his movies and I'm confident he will be able to pull this of. ;)

penguintruth

• Part of the Gang
What makes you confident about any part of this movie? The wonderful track record of great live-action adaptations of manga/anime? The director's desire to update Goemon?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 04:20:34 am by penguintruth »

Red Dear

• Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
Well, Kitamura has already successfuly adapted a manga with samurais. But since we have very diverging opinions (wich is fine), I'll be cautious and wait for the actual movie to come before making a judgement.

SSJ3_Goku345

• Part of the Gang
What makes you confident about any part of this movie? The wonderful track record of great live-action adaptations of manga/anime? The director's desire to update Goemon?

Hey, there have been good adaptations of manga/anime. Just check out the 1978 Golgo 13 movie, for example. More recently we have had the Kenshin and Azumi (the one which RD mentioned) adapted to live action, pretty successfully , as I recall.

Psycho_Kenshin

• Part of the Gang
  • Fujiko is super hot, Lupin is uber cool
    • My profile on MyAnimeList.net (including Lupin reviews!)
Did love that Kenshin movie.

I'm dubious about this movie to some degree of course, especially as a big fan I think we're the most likely to be disappointmented. Sounds like they're going for a "cool/modern" slick feel, kind of like say Oceans 11 or something, what with wanting Geomon to fit in and not dress like a samurai, Lupin's lack of sideburns, etc.

I do dig Ryuhei Kitamura a lot though, and he's made some very nutty and great movies (Godzilla Final War, Versus, Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes cutscenes, etc). Hopefully he brings some of his eccentric flair to the movie and it does have some of that Lupintic craziness to it.

Red Dear

• Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
The purpose of every die-hard fan is to be disapointed, no matter what.

I agree with Kenshin for Kitamura. He has this little spice of madness that brings something exciting and refreshing to his movies.

And the Lupin III franchise is so old, it's characters so archetypal, they can and need some retwinking once in a while.

Again, wait and see.

ultimateemail5000

• Part of the Gang
The director can make any updating decisions they want. The movie sounds entertaining, and after seeing the Phoenix Wright movie, I know that the Japanese movie system can do a good job. I'm just so glad it's not here in the states, and starring Leo Decaprio as Lupin, Sam Jackson as Jigen, some complete white person as Goemon, a latino for Fujiko, and some young punk as Zenigata.

blackjacket

• Part of the Gang
So do we have a release date for this Lupin III live action movie yet???
It's supposed to get released this year, right?

Red Dear

• Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery

I think it's due to next year actually, if I'm not mistaken.  ???

SSJ3_Goku345

• Part of the Gang

I think it's due to next year actually, if I'm not mistaken.  ???

If I'm not wrong, it will be released on August the 3rd.(note the joke).
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 10:14:08 am by SSJ3_Goku345 »

SweLupan

• Part of the Gang
  • Nu ska vi allt sno lite guld eller annat fint.
Ah man! I can't wait to see this one :D
But.. I will hold my fandom back for the time, until I see a trailer.
It can be good, bad or awesome.

We will just wait and see :)

SweLupan

• Part of the Gang
  • Nu ska vi allt sno lite guld eller annat fint.
And someting might happen on the 9 of April :O
(click to show/hide)