Author Topic: "Daisuke Jigen's Gravestone" discussion; Discotek US version out early 2016  (Read 47502 times)

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
Story.  You can follow Koike on Twitter, too. Here you go.

Update: Here's the official site and twitter, courtesy of @e_eiga.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 12:00:20 pm by Reed »

Gaff

• Space Pirate
  • Part of the Gang
    • Alan Graham Design & Illustration
This was certainly a pleasant surprise.  I hadn't expected them to take the Fujiko-series incarnation any further.

SolHerald

• Part of the Gang
Wasn't a huge fan of the Mine Fujiko series, but I loved Redline and honestly this looks pretty badass; more Lupin is always good thing!
I hope there will be a trailer soon.
(click to show/hide)

SSJ3_Goku345

• Part of the Gang
I was hoping this to happen someday. This are really good news. If the live-action movie trailer comes out anytime soon, we'll have a full Lupintic month!

Mr.Lupin

• Old-school Superfan
Hey that's cool, if Jigen's Headstone  does well , could Zenigata 's Handcuffs or Goemon's Blade be next ?

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
Mr. Lupin: The Goemon thing could happen sooner than you think, 'cus Reed thinks these spin-offs are all send-offs for the retiring voice actors.

Red Dear

• Lupin The Third analyst and crazy penciller
  • Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
Mr. Lupin: The Goemon thing could happen sooner than you think, 'cus Reed thinks these spin-offs are all send-offs for the retiring voice actors.

Goemon's original voice-actor; Inoue Makio, already retired from the show in 2011, with Goro Naya and Eiko Masuyama.

But Kobayashi, being 81, it is possible he's leaving after this spin-off. But he also is the hardest member of the gang to recast. So I hope we will still listen to his voice a few years more.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 12:41:04 pm by Red Dear »
Time to play the game, time to get a chance !

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
Oh, yeah, I forgot he left. My bad.

Red Dear

• Lupin The Third analyst and crazy penciller
  • Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
Oh, yeah, I forgot he left. My bad.

No prob.  ;)

His replacement does a pretty good job, despite being a lot younger.

What I'm looking for, in this spin-off, Kobayashi send-off or not, is the interaction between Jigen and Lupin
and the return of the Koike still, wich is the closer to the original manga.

You could say a lot of things about the Mine Fujiko series by there's no denying the art style was really something.  ;D
Time to play the game, time to get a chance !

blackjacket

• Part of the Gang
Wow, another series set in the Fujiko series continuity that is coming out in a movie?
A very good news, even if I wasn't a big fan of the Fujiko tv series.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 08:19:11 am by blackjacket »

KiraM2345

• Part of the Gang
  • I am your Sapphire Angel- my Lupin OC Kira <3
This movie is gonna be so awesome. Jigen is my favorite character anyway...so if this movie ever gets to the U.S, I am sooo seeing it.
Ciao for now,
Rachael

The_Lead_Dealer

• Dig the Cheeky Jig
  • Part of the Gang
  • "Planting lead into willing customers since 1969"
A pleasant surprise indeed, glad to see TWCFM is not going to end up as just a tiny special mark in the history of the show.
Two years seems to go by fast does not?

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
Reed spotted an ANN link with pics and another link to a voice-recording session.

SolHerald

• Part of the Gang
Eyepatch Lupin? I can dig it.

But, 51 minutes long? Hopefully it will be the best damn 51 minutes I've ever experienced!

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
It's not unusual for anime film spin-offs to be that short in Japan. Some of them can be as brief as 15 minutes. As for the eyepatch, I have a feeling they were inspired by MGS.