Author Topic: "Daisuke Jigen's Gravestone" discussion; Discotek US version out early 2016  (Read 50235 times)

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
Re: "Daisuke Jigen's Gravestone" discussion; Discotek US version out early 2016
« Reply #120 on: February 17, 2016, 11:59:10 pm »
Now it's April 5.

Update: And the Right Stuf pre-order is now up.

MGFanJay

• Part of the Gang
  • Oh yeah...
    • Hardocre Gamer Magzine - free download
Got this at Best Buy the other day - it has a slipcover and reversible art that features the slipcover as the secondary art.

SurrealBrain

• Part of the Gang
  • Hello there!
Got the Blu-Ray in the mail. I'm gonna wait 'till later to get to it, though.

Lupin46

• Part of the Gang
Got my copy in the mail yesterday! I had originally watched it on Hulu, but it was nice to see it on the full home entertainment system. Quick question for others that have gotten it as well: Did anyone else's copy have a momentary freeze-up during the black screen transition from the opening theme to the beginning of each part? I noticed it during both parts and am wondering if it was a widespread issue with other discs or maybe just a problem with my blu-ray player.

SurrealBrain

• Part of the Gang
  • Hello there!
Can't really say, though I did have a problem when I watched Castle of Cagliostro on my friend's PS3. Seeing as how all I had to do to get it back to normal was take the disc out and put it back in, plus subsequent viewings on my own PS3 having no such issues, I would test it on another player if you have one.

Of course, my friend's PS3 is also an older model than mine.

Lupin46

• Part of the Gang
Unfortunately only one blu-ray player (PS4) in the house so I can't test it out elsewhere at the moment. It doesn't affect the actual video in any way so certainly not a big issue, but the freeze is just noticeable enough during the screen transition that I thought it wouldn't hurt to check with anyone else that has picked it up.

Rhys2753

• Part of the Gang
I tried both the DVD and the BD in my Sony BD player and didn't notice anything, felt like a typical fade to black for a couple seconds before the show starts.

SurrealBrain

• Part of the Gang
  • Hello there!
Yeah, now that I tried it, I've had no issues.

VampireNaomi

• Part of the Gang
Can someone with a better grasp of Japanese tell me what this article is about? It speaks of a screening event of Jigen's Gravestone in September, but am I right in reading that there will also be an announcement made?

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
    • http://www.lupinthethird.com
Seems you're right. Announcement of some sort pending during the on-stage segment, if I understand right. Good catch.
-R. Nelson

DrFurball

• Just Stupidly Unfunny Enough
  • Part of the Gang
  • The hero of today, yeah!
Sweet. Another Green Jacket prequel with Takeshi Koike's Monkey Punch-inspired character designs, maybe? I liked the Fujiko series, and absolutely loved "Jigen's Gravestone", so I'm excited about what the announcement could be!
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Weird in a Can! (Updates weekdays)

VampireNaomi

• Part of the Gang
Sweet. Another Green Jacket prequel with Takeshi Koike's Monkey Punch-inspired character designs, maybe? I liked the Fujiko series, and absolutely loved "Jigen's Gravestone", so I'm excited about what the announcement could be!

I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but that'd be wonderful. I'd love a Goemon-centric adventure, especially a team-up with Fujiko or one in which they both have their own goals and run into each other by accident.