Author Topic: "Daisuke Jigen's Gravestone" discussion; Discotek US version out early 2016  (Read 50136 times)

veggie 11

• Part of the Gang
    • My blogs
In the manga version of the ''San Francisco'' saga (which inspired the first episode of Pink Jacket series and Alcatraz Connection), Lupin has also a eyepatch after he was hurt by the villain.

Nice design! I hope the story will be as good as ''The Woman called Mine Fujiko'' !
But why Miyazaki was so obsessed to draw this horrible fringle to Jigen in EVERY Lupin anime he did?
-----------------------------------------
I decided to strike for the recognition of Jigen, Goemon and Fujiko's sacrifice in The Castle of Cagliostro

Red Dear

• Lupin The Third analyst and crazy penciller
  • Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
In the manga version of the ''San Francisco'' saga (which inspired the first episode of Pink Jacket series and Alcatraz Connection), Lupin has also a eyepatch after he was hurt by the villain.

Nice design! I hope the story will be as good as ''The Woman called Mine Fujiko'' !

Good catch for the reference. ;)

As for the blue jacket, even before the promo art for Mine Fujiko To Iu Onna, Lupin wore a blue jacket on some manga covers and color works by Monkey Punch.

Yes, I really hope this film will provide good enjoyment. :D
Time to play the game, time to get a chance !

SweLupan

• Part of the Gang
  • Nu ska vi allt sno lite guld eller annat fint.
So is the blue jacket his new colour, to show the new Lupin, or might there be some other reason behind it :)?

Red Dear

• Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
So is the blue jacket his new colour, to show the new Lupin, or might there be some other reason behind it :)?

We don't know yet but I thnik since the movie is meant to be a special spin-off, the blue jacket is there to make it independent
from the other productions. Or Lupin just wanted to try and change color schemes. To me, it is merely an artistic choice.

But those different color designs might tell something about the tone and liberty of this production. Something unique on its own.  ;)

Since there is no actual canon to the franchise, I think it's a good and daring choice to present different versions of Lupin III and his universe.

SweLupan

• Part of the Gang
  • Nu ska vi allt sno lite guld eller annat fint.

We don't know yet but I thnik since the movie is meant to be a special spin-off, the blue jacket is there to make it independent
from the other productions. Or Lupin just wanted to try and change color schemes. To me, it is merely an artistic choice.

But those different color designs might tell something about the tone and liberty of this production. Something unique on its own.  ;)

Since there is no actual canon to the franchise, I think it's a good and daring choice to present different versions of Lupin III and his universe.

I was going to say "What if this is in the future" But after a quick read, this is in the past.. So it will be interesting to see why Lupin has that patch :)

Aelia

• Part of the Gang
Great to see Lupin rocking the little seen blue look. He looks great in it IMHO.

I don't think there's any deep meaning to it. Lupin's supposed to be a stylish man, no?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 03:34:51 pm by Aelia »

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
I'm not 100% sure if it's actually a blue jacket, or if it just looks blue, based off the lighting they've chosen.

veggie: Yeah, but you can tell this eyepatch is very Snake-esque.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 04:09:40 pm by GATSU »

Aelia

• Part of the Gang
It looks like a blue-green color to me. Possibly teal.

SSJ3_Goku345

• Part of the Gang
Yup. I don't think Lupin's wearing a green jacket there. At least I wouldn't combine a red tie with a green jacket myself! :)

Is Yuji Ohno working on this, or it might be another composser (Kikuchi again, maybe)? What do you think?

Red Dear

• Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
Actually the composer has been revealed some weeks ago. It will be the same who did Redline's OST; James Shimoji.

He has a very particular style, different from all previous composers who have worked on the Lupin III franchise so be prepared
to some surprise.

I'm for change and diversity, I think, While Yuji Ohno is unreplaceable, it's good to do something different from the classic themes
and give this film it's own musical identity.  ;)

And yes, this is definitely blue, almost aqua, and not some sort of turquoise green.  8)

SSJ3_Goku345

• Part of the Gang
Actually the composer has been revealed some weeks ago. It will be the same who did Redline's OST; James Shimoji.

He has a very particular style, different from all previous composers who have worked on the Lupin III franchise so be prepared
to some surprise.

I'm for change and diversity, I think, While Yuji Ohno is unreplaceable, it's good to do something different from the classic themes
and give this film it's own musical identity.  ;)

And yes, this is definitely blue, almost aqua, and not some sort of turquoise green.  8)

Hey, thank you!  :D

I have high hopes for this movie: Takeshi Koike is an splendid animator!

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
If you wanna follow Shimoji on Twitter, go here. Also, if you can afford to be there that day, the screening might be in 4K.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 05:17:50 am by GATSU »

Psycho_Kenshin

• Part of the Gang
  • Fujiko is super hot, Lupin is uber cool
    • My profile on MyAnimeList.net (including Lupin reviews!)
Very cool news! Always fun how often we see new Lupin anime get announced. And Lupin with an eyepatch, great Scott that's cool.

Go Jigen go! This will be cool.

Yeah, but you can tell this eyepatch is very Snake-esque.
Snake Plissken of Escape from New York? I love MGS too, my favorite games, but just sayin', lupin is oldschool. But agreed eye-patches are back. Also Nick Fury. And let's not forget pirates, pirates are hot right now.  ;D
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 12:24:12 am by Psycho_Kenshin »

GATSU

• Part of the Gang

SolHerald

• Part of the Gang
Trailer.
Lookin' good, I have very high hopes for this. Dat color design; I like it.
Hopefully, with such a short running time, we won't be getting a random, screen-time stealing character:
*cough*
(click to show/hide)
*cough*.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 10:36:38 pm by SolHerald »