Author Topic: "Daisuke Jigen's Gravestone" discussion; Discotek US version out early 2016  (Read 49625 times)

victorystar

• Part of the Gang
  • I happen to be very knowledgeable at this!
This is an interesting development. I was surprised when we got the Conan Lupin Movie in Theaters last year and now just a year later we're getting not only a new theatrical release, but one that continues the plotline and artstyle from the Mine Fujiko anime series. I hope they use this as a chance to bring closure to the Oscar story from Mine Fujiko because them just leaving it hanging and never attempting to close it by even just a throwaway line in any of the following works deeply saddened me because I wanted to see his fate.

I just hope it's better than that aggressively mediocre movie we got last year in theaters but all we can do is wait and see.

Aelia

• Part of the Gang
I don't think they're going to pay attention at all to Oscar's storyline. This is supposed to be Jigen's story after all.

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
    • http://www.lupinthethird.com
I deleted the two off-topic posts by SweLupan and GATSU (and SSJGoku's observation), but you can now find them quoted in the proper thread.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 11:44:28 am by Reed »
-R. Nelson

ehh123

• Part of the Gang
I see that Telecom is handling the animation.  ;D

Also, the link gives a plot description...

In the film, Lupin and Jigen infiltrate East Doroa to capture the secret treasure Little Comet. Queen Malta, a singer from East Doroa, was just assassinated in neighboring West Doroa, resulting in a tense situation at the border. The duo successfully steal the Little Comet, but a sniper tries to take out Jigen during their getaway. Jigen faces a powerful foe named Yael Okuzaki, an assassin who prepares graves for his targets before executing his kills. It is said that no one has survived after Yael Okuzaki makes a grave for that target.

...and a transcript of the teaser trailer.

Lupin: Can you make it?
Jigen: Who are you talking to? Do you think that I will be beaten? In the end, you're a business partner, not a friend.
Lupin: Oh, yeah? Suit yourself.
Text: So long, Jigen.
Text: Lupin the IIIrd: Daisuke Jigen's Gravestone

So I guess this is the story of how Lupin and Jigen became true friends because of this run in with an assassin. If that is the case, I now want to see this movie more than ever!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 09:19:57 pm by ehh123 »

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
Risque Fujiko pic, SFW Fujiko pic, rise from your grave. I'm the neighborhood sniper. [If you're too young to get the last two references, one's from Altered Beast, one's from Eazy E.]
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 09:50:37 pm by GATSU »

Gaff

• Space Pirate
  • Part of the Gang
    • Alan Graham Design & Illustration
In case anyone else is in the UK, when queried as to whether there was any chance of acquiring the film for this year's Scotland Loves Animation film festival, the response from their director was "very likely"...

ehh123

• Part of the Gang
Poor Jigen. :'(

Also, I found out on the TMS website this was rated the US equivalent of PG-13.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
Hands where I can see 'em. Target sighted. It was a bloodbath.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 04:57:24 am by GATSU »

fryguy81

• Geek in Wolf's Clothing
  • Part of the Gang
    • Needless Essentials
Has there been a date set for this film's release.

These images and plot outline has got me dying to get my mitts on this Lupin treat.

I love what they are doing with Lupin!!!
That's Zenigata, truly the ideal of the Shoowa Period. A man incomparable for his determination to his work.
[sigpic]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/163/4/e/___lupin_the_third____by_cibiah-d536tph.png[/sigpic]

SSJ3_Goku345

• Part of the Gang
Has there been a date set for this film's release.

These images and plot outline has got me dying to get my mitts on this Lupin treat.

I love what they are doing with Lupin!!!

It is getting a limited-time release in some Japanese cinemas from 21 to 27 of this month.

What is better, I remember reading somewhere that the DVD/BD release will be sooner than usual, maybe due to this limited screening. But I can't assure it 100%.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
Promotional displays.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 03:58:19 pm by GATSU »

fryguy81

• Geek in Wolf's Clothing
  • Part of the Gang
    • Needless Essentials
Promotional displays[/url[].

That's beautiful. I wonder if there's a place where one can purchase those displays after they have fulfilled their usefulness. My Lupin collection demands some theater promotional stuff.

That's Zenigata, truly the ideal of the Shoowa Period. A man incomparable for his determination to his work.
[sigpic]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/163/4/e/___lupin_the_third____by_cibiah-d536tph.png[/sigpic]

GATSU

• Part of the Gang

SolHerald

• Part of the Gang
Raining on Zenigata's parade.
I don't get the correlation between the link and Zenigata's parade. :(