Author Topic: "Daisuke Jigen's Gravestone" discussion; Discotek US version out early 2016  (Read 51403 times)

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
Oh, and Koike just uploaded a cool poster.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 01:25:22 am by GATSU »

SweLupan

• Part of the Gang
  • Nu ska vi allt sno lite guld eller annat fint.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
The official Jigen Twitter posted some stills. "Translated" description of the first still:

Became the beginning of the story diva: the assassination of Queen = Malta. Why, she had to be assassinated! Here is the Queen = Malta.

Second still:

! Villain of this work also appears in the video news flash that was lifted today: This item Yael Okuzaki is go-getter gunman many mysteries.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 06:10:03 am by GATSU »

blackjacket

• Part of the Gang
It looks really nice. I like that different Blue jacket Lupin has.
The trailer didn't show Goemon or Zenigata yet though.

Red Dear

• Lupin The Third analyst and crazy penciller
  • Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
Though Koichi Yamadera is credited for appearing in the film,
this is not the case for Goemon's seiyu.

Most likely, since the story takes place after Mine Fujiko To Iu Onna
and before the first TV series, Lupin and Jigen will not meet Goemon yet.

So I'm sure Goemon won't be featured (unless as a cameo) and it's quite logical.

I've always felt the unwritten rule of featuring all members of the main cast was one of the
many factors preventing the Lupin III franchise to do something different.

Here, we have a change, in terms of color, style, music and tone. And that's good for me.  ;)

Also, detail: Lupin doesn't seem to wear the usual tie clip. Doesn't bother me but still, it's a change.  ;D
Time to play the game, time to get a chance !

blackjacket

• Part of the Gang

So I'm sure Goemon won't be featured (unless as a cameo) and it's quite logical.

Wait, the Fujiko TV series is set before the Green jacket series?? 
I always thought it was set in a different continuity. Like in an alternate universe.

SolHerald

• Part of the Gang

Wait, the Fujiko TV series is set before the Green Jacket series?? 
I always thought it was set in a different continuity. Like in an alternate universe.

It's not part of any official continuity, (since there really is none.) But, since it is a origin story, it technically takes place before the Green Jacket series. And the Mine Fujiko series did well in making it APPEAR as though it was truly connected to the Green Jacket series by having Goemon not meet Jigen or Lupin yet. (Because they meet him early in the Green Jacket series.)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 03:12:05 pm by SolHerald »

blackjacket

• Part of the Gang

It's not part of any official continuity, (since there really is none.) But, since it is a origin story, it technically takes place before the Green Jacket series. And the Mine Fujiko series did well in making it APPEAR as though it was truly connected to the Green Jacket series by having Goemon not meet Jigen or Lupin yet. (Because they meet him early in the Green Jacket series.)

Goemon and Jigen did meet and fight at the end of Fujiko TV series, but I think neither of them were in their right minds at the time,
or something like that.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 03:43:25 pm by blackjacket »

SolHerald

• Part of the Gang

Goemon and Jigen did meet and fight at the end of Fujiko TV series, but I think neither of them were in their right minds at the time,
or something like that.
It doesn't really count I guess because they were both drugged out of the wazoo.

Red Dear

• Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery

or something like that.
It doesn't really count I guess because they were both drugged out of the wazoo.

Exactly !  ;) And again, Goemon doesn't appear in the credits for this film.

Aelia

• Part of the Gang
Looks pretty awesome. I'm excited to see it.

It sucks that Goemon won't be in it, but I figured they were going to save him for his own spin-off movie.  8)

SolHerald

• Part of the Gang
Dat's a cool looking Jigen:

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
It sure is, Solherald. It sure is.  8)

Red Dear

• Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery