Author Topic: Last movie/episode you watched?  (Read 130761 times)

JAG2045

• Part of the Gang
Re: Last movie/episode you watched?
« Reply #510 on: June 08, 2017, 05:50:44 PM »
Red Jacket Episode 10 Steal the File M123/ZenigataCon

Really good episode, Lupin has a bomb strapped to him by another criminal (who sounds like Christopher Walken!) to force him to steal a file from Scotland Yard

The highlight was Lupin, Goemon & Jigen all dressed as Zenigata (along with the real one) trying to prove who the real one was!
Theres a great moment as well where the bomb is threatening to go off and Jigen & Goemon refuse to abandon Lupin ever at the expense of their own lives

Plus bonus points for a Bruce Springsteen reference (Racing in the Street from the album Darkness on the Edge of Town ;D)

Rhys2753

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #511 on: June 16, 2017, 09:23:40 AM »
Part II Episode 32 “Lupin Dies Twice”

For some reason I always liked the times when Lupin “dies’ and we see Zenigata’s reaction, showing that Lupin really is his best friend. Seeing Jigen and Goemon’s reactions were priceless as well. Watching the English dub, I feel that the voice for Puma was imitating someone, but can’t put my finger on it. Maybe it’s just a stereotypical accent or something.

Red Dear

• Lupin The Third analyst and crazy penciller
  • Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #512 on: June 22, 2017, 10:42:05 AM »
To celebrate the dubbing of the blue jacket series, I decided to rewatch it episodically. Just finished re-watching
episode 3. And I appreciate the writing a lot more now, how they balanced the episodic nature of most of this series
along with the over-arching plot and how the events lead to one-another. Plus the animation is seriously good
for a weekly produced tv series in modern times.
Time to play the game, time to get a chance !

JAG2045

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #513 on: August 13, 2017, 05:32:30 PM »
"Cornered Lupin AKA Hell Toupee" this was a very good Red Jacket episode, lots of tension of Lupin & Fujiko trying to escape while Zenigata trying to save Lupin from Hutler's army and Jigen & Goemon attempt to help them escape. What I really liked about this episode was that we got to see some great character moments between Lupin & Fujiko when it looks like they might be killed and how they both care for each other in their own way

"Bye Bye Lady Liberty" an alright story for the first TV special but it does rely on ALOT of coincidence e.g. Goemon happens to meet a random woman on a train who happens to be the target of the bad guys who also happens to be the mother of a boy who happens to at that moment be recruiting Lupin to find her. While there are some cool Dezaki animation (his Harmony technique for example) there is also some odd animation to, like when the hypnotised Fujiko is chasing Lupin & Jigen she jumps off her bike and kind of just ... floats in midair while having a conversation with Lupin until he pulls her into the car. There's some other odd things to (the leaders unexplained magic powers like vomiting up a sword out of his body) and Michael's story just ends without a resolution (did he get left with any relatives?), also the special seems to want us to feels sad when
(click to show/hide)
yet
(click to show/hide)
. Overall an OK special but IMO not as good as say "Island of Assassins"
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 04:23:33 PM by JAG2045 »

JAG2045

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #514 on: September 24, 2017, 10:12:55 AM »
Re watched "The Mystery of Mamo" with the Pioneer "Red Jacket" dub, I really didn't like the film the first time I watched it but I liked it more this time, as it does have some good moments (The gang breaking up over Lupin's love for Fujiko and Fujiko showing how much she cares for Lupin are both highlights)

I disliked how Goemon just sort of vanishes near the end once his sword gets broken and just reappears for a cameo at the end (you would think he would get his sword fixed and return to fight Mamo) and the last 20 minutes or so feels unnecessary as though the film peaked a bit to early and they had to keep going to fill the run time (Mamo is "killed" and the island destroyed by the air force then the whole thing pretty much happens again shortly after!)

Overall its pretty good but I still believe Cagliostro is the better movie

DragonmasterDan

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #515 on: September 27, 2017, 09:45:49 AM »
I got this English version Laserdisc in the mail yesterda and gave it a playthrough.