Author Topic: Ep. 4: "Vissi d'arte, Vissi d'amore"  (Read 4868 times)

fryguy81

• Geek in Wolf's Clothing
  • Part of the Gang
    • Needless Essentials
Ep. 4: "Vissi d'arte, Vissi d'amore"
« on: June 12, 2014, 09:29:34 am »
So I'm making my way through Fujiko and noticed the posts stopped at episode 3. So I'll continue the trend if it's alright.

Episode 4... WOW. I hear that there has been a huge kerfuffle about certain aspects of this show. Namely a misogynistic tone. I'm not sure how the rest of the series plays out yet. But, I this episode definitely left that impression on me alone. It was... disconcerting to see the Zenigata/ Fujiko thing. Zeni has always been an upstanding guy. He could have used Fujiko's special skills without the need to use her as he did in the beginning. Mildly upsetting but the tone of this series has been of a more mature bent.

But I can definitely see why it's upsetting. Interesting use of liquid I will say.

The story itself is okay. Phantom of the Opera stuff is a staple of shows at times. It was nice to see Lupin again. 

But in regards to the anti woman stuff. What was the deal with that? The Lieutenant is an odd duck and probably the worst offender in the hating women aspect of the show. Him calling Fujiko, in
flowery language, a cum bucket was odd but add in all the pig references to her and his entire treament of Miss Mine made me a tad uncomfortable overall.

A lot of hatred was in this episode.

The story derails completely at the end because the entire plan of the "Ghosts" is pretty freaking dumb on the face of it. A thousand other things could have been done and they went with the worst one by any standards.

I don't know. It was a good not great episode that just seemed to have an odd illogical logic to it.

here's an image from the episode

That's Zenigata, truly the ideal of the Shoowa Period. A man incomparable for his determination to his work.
[sigpic]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/163/4/e/___lupin_the_third____by_cibiah-d536tph.png[/sigpic]