Author Topic: 'Lupin III: The Shooting' Video Game  (Read 1935 times)

EatStatic

• Part of the Gang
'Lupin III: The Shooting' Video Game
« on: June 15, 2014, 12:33:53 pm »
Has anyone else played this? It's an arcade game. I discovered and played it last week, it's not the best light gun game ever, but it was still really fun and all the references from various different episodes are great!

I played a gameboy game a while back, but it wasn't too good. Are there any other Lupin games out there that are worth playing?

sprak

• Cliff Hanger
    • Lupin III Encyclopedia
Re: 'Lupin III: The Shooting' Video Game
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 05:07:00 pm »
Are there any other Lupin games out there that are worth playing?

From the ones I have played, I would recommend these:

I actually liked the Gameboy game as well. To each his own...
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 05:08:26 pm by sprak »

EatStatic

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 04:51:38 am »
Thanks, I'll be sure to check these out  :)

To be fair I didn't play the Gameboy one for long, so I probably didn't give it a fair chance. I'll have to go back to it sometime.

PraiseTheLard

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 01:47:49 pm »
I played it in a Naomi emulator once. It's actually pretty fun and there are things from the second series thrown in it. I think it's totally possible to pair a couple of Wiimotes and map them to the emulator (the second player gets to be Jigen) but I never got around to doing that. Either way with a bit of prodding on Google you can totally play the game on your own PC just using the mouse as a gun like I did.

The one part I hated was the driving mission about 4 stages in. I can't even remember if I beat it all the way through or not. I remember playing Cliffhanger in an emulator and giving up halfway; after all the trouble I went through to get a decent LD dump.