Author Topic: New "Lupin the Third" TV series starting 2015, debuting in Italy (in 2 ways!)  (Read 95091 times)

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
It's a little early for April Fool's, but I'll still take this with a grain of salt. Thanks to @aicnanime and @olivierfallaix for the pic, which hopefully isn't Photoshopped.

ADMIN EDIT: New Lupin the Third TV series with Kazuhide Tomonaga as Chief Director and other talented staff has been announced to be debuting on Italian TV in 2015, with Japanese release presumably to follow. Probably will be much like the international Space Dandy treatment. The show begins in an Italian and San Marino setting, too! ANN report: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-10-14/1st-tv-anime-show-starring-lupin-iii-in-3-decades-to-launch-in-italy/.79924
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 08:34:18 PM by Reed »

Red Dear

• Lupin The Third analyst and crazy penciller
  • Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
Re: Italian Lupin 'anime' in the works?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 04:51:38 PM »
Not a joke, here is the official website: http://lupin-new-season.jp/#visual

Also, Italy will have prime time but I think it will also be broadcasted in Japan.

The production staff is also known. The studio is good ol' Telecom.

Permission to get shockingly excited, sir !  ;D
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 09:52:51 PM by Red Dear »
Time to play the game, time to get a chance !

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
Re: Italian Lupin 'anime' in the works?
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 05:47:27 PM »
Yeah, ANN has the details, so I'll change the header accordingly. I hope TMS uploads it to Hulu and/or Daisuke next.

SolHerald

• Part of the Gang
This sure is a good time for Lupin fans.
After the Mine Fujiko series, I'm really looking forward to this series.
Now the only news I am hoping for is this year's TV special.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 07:07:54 PM by SolHerald »

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
I'm hoping we're getting this mofo on Daisuki or Hulu. But if ends up going that route, I guess I'll spring for Netflix.  :'(

Shin Lupin Sansei

• Part of the Gang
This sure is a good time for Lupin fans.
After the Mine Fujiko series, I'm really looking forward to this series.
Now the only news I am hoping for is this year's TV special.

I could totally do without the yearly cookie-cutter Lupin vs the generic evil arms dealer for the 12th time tv special in place of stuff like this, Fujiko, and Tomb of Jigen...this is crazy exciting news.

SolHerald

• Part of the Gang
I could totally do without the yearly cookie-cutter Lupin vs the generic evil arms dealer for the 12th time tv special in place of stuff like this, Fujiko, and Tomb of Jigen...this is crazy exciting news.
I agree, they aren't that good, but part of me tries to remain optimistic and hope that they start to put more effort into the TV specials.  :-\
And after getting Tomb of Jigen, a live-action film, and this new series, I guess I can't complain.

ehh123

• Part of the Gang
Ah, yes. Lupin III is to Italy what David Hasselhoff is to Germany. I think it will be weird for Lupin to be settled mainly in a country you don't often associate with him. Still, the Italian backdrop does offer a wide range of possibilities.

Red Dear

• Lupin The Third analyst and crazy penciller
  • Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
Well, Italy is the first "adopted land" of Lupin III since the very first TV series (the italian were the first
ever in Europe to broadcast it). And Monkey Punch himself collaborated with Italian magazines and artists
during the late 70's early 80's.

So to me, it's really not that weird to see Lupin settling in Italy, at least as long as this new series lasts.
Lupin was Japan-grounded first in the manga as well as in the green jacket series.

His traveling habits began around the second TV series but one place he seemed to return a lot was France for a while.

I really cannot wait to learn more about this new TV series ! I'm so hyped at the moment !  ;D
Time to play the game, time to get a chance !

Aelia

• Part of the Gang
Heck yeah I am excited.

Gozar

• Part of the Gang
    • Otaku in a Bottle
Re: Confirmed. Italian Lupin 'anime' in the works. TMS involved. Blue Jacket.
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2014, 06:39:39 PM »
I am going to remain cautiously optimistic for this series. I'm really happy that Lupin is getting a new TV series, but I got all hyped for "Fujiko Mine" and wound up hating it. So I'd prefer to not get too excited and wind up disappointed. Considering the character designs are very reminiscent of prior classic TV Series, I would find it surprising if it didn't share at least a little of the "Red Jacket" tone. I'd really like to see a series that took Lupin back to a "Red Jacket" feel. These new TV Specials try too hard to be modern. I'd love a good old fun heist type of series.

Aelia

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2014, 10:13:41 PM »
I don't think there is any reason to be cautious about this one if you didn't like the Fujiko anime. The staff is entirely different.

fdave

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2014, 03:50:19 PM »
In Italy (after Japan) lives the most Lupin-fans in the world, so they deserve this. :)

Gozar

• Part of the Gang
    • Otaku in a Bottle
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2014, 03:59:17 PM »
I don't think there is any reason to be cautious about this one if you didn't like the Fujiko anime. The staff is entirely different.
I know the staff is different. It's more a combination of "Fujiko Mine" along with a number of TV Specials in a row that had squandered potential.

mikezilla2

• Part of the Gang
heck yea !  no dates et i take it - just erly next year is fine :)