Author Topic: New "Lupin the Third" TV series starting 2015, debuting in Italy (in 2 ways!)  (Read 82990 times)

MGFanJay

• Part of the Gang
  • Oh yeah...
    • Hardocre Gamer Magzine - free download
Lupin works really well in TV episode format - cautiously optimistic about this.

penguintruth

• Part of the Gang
I'm hoping Koike is involved somehow and it's tonally similar to the Fujiko TV series, if just a little different.

I just hope it won't be the soft, toothless, neutered Lupin of the TV specials, who can barely even flirt with a woman now, let alone shoot somebody in the face when necessary.

Red Dear

• Lupin The Third analyst and crazy penciller
  • Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
Koike doesn't seem to be involved with this new TV series but the production includes
veteran master animators and the writer of Daisuke Jigen's Gravestone as well as Telecom
studio. So all in all, I think we're in good hands.  ;)
Time to play the game, time to get a chance !

Fujiko Lover

• Part of the Gang
    • Not A Hoax! Not A Dream! (my blog)
Ooh, this is exciting news! I look forward to seeing what comes of it.

Psycho_Kenshin

• Part of the Gang
  • Fujiko is super hot, Lupin is uber cool
    • My profile on MyAnimeList.net (including Lupin reviews!)
Incredibly groovy news! Hot damn. Always very pleasantly suprised when I log on here, Lupin and his gang are more lively than ever.  ;D

Red Dear

• Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery

SSJ3_Goku345

• Part of the Gang
Yes, it does! These comments make me hopeful for this series.

But it's Telecom Animation what we are talking about! The past projects they've worked in remain the best, in terms of animation. Just think about Cagliostro, Nostradamus or Fuma, among other specials and some TV episode.

I have, however, a great doubt. Where's Goemon?

It might be a little bit too soon to speculate anything, but I read somewhere that the recent Tomb of Daisuke Jigen hinted (somewhat) a future project. Haven't watched it yet, could this series be the project hinted? Like a story that takes place after the movie? Lupin's outfit, Fujiko's hair color and the absence of Goemon in the official pictures make me wonder about this.

And what if Goemon, along this series, ocassionally crossed roads with Lupin & Co. without meeting them actually? Like in the Fujiko series, but with a "real" load on the plot? I don't know if I'm explaining myself properly.

It would be nice or, at least, different  :)

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
SSJ3: They do the spin-off thing more often in manga, at least.

lupinthewolf

• Part of the Gang
Even though the series will be airing in Italian first, I'm assuming Japanese will still be considered the original language track. International releases of Space Dandy, for example, list Japanese as the original and not English.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 02:08:22 PM by lupinthewolf »

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
    • http://www.lupinthethird.com
It's probably safe to assume that shows like Space Dandy that are animated in Japan were originally written in Japanese, then translated into English at some point. Whether the animation is dubbed into English or Japanese first seems to be irrelevant by that metric. Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust is another odd example, where the English audio track came first by a whole year. But, again, since the film likely had a Japanese script before an English one, some could argue that its original language was Japanese.
-R. Nelson

Red Dear

• Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
You can find new screenshots from the production, with even a small bit of animation
here, on Lupin Central: http://lupincentral.tumblr.com/post/111900713013/and-heres-a-very-quick-look-at-the-show-in

http://lupincentral.tumblr.com/post/111900502618/these-images-are-taken-from-an-episode-of-nhk

http://lupincentral.tumblr.com/post/111860255178/paisleypawpads-lupincentral-here-we-go-some

This is not much but it's enough for me to be, once again, hyped as all hell ! :D

Akai Shuichi

• Shottogun
  • Part of the Gang
Yea! Me too! Now, if crunchyroll picks this up I will lost my freaking mind.

SolHerald

• Part of the Gang
If Crunchyroll streams it, and Discotek releases it, I'll probably have a hysterical breakdown.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
Red: Thanks. I like how they're still pretending the pink jacket Lupin doesn't exist.  ;D

Red Dear

• Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
Red: Thanks. I like how they're still pretending the pink jacket Lupin doesn't exist.  ;D

XD. I didn't see it that way, I admit. But this could just be a way to compare models. ^^

Anyway, we know the whole regular cast is there (plus an unknown blond woman but it could as well be a Fujiko variant), so if Goemon actually interacts with Lupin and Jigen, this could mean this series is at least taking place after Green Jacket.

Or this series follows its own continuity. Or Goemon will not be interacting with Lupin but I find it hard to believe.

Also, they say the blue jacket is a reference to the national football uniform of Italy. In my opinion, this is more of an after-thought. I think this new blue jacket dates back from the Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna promotional visuals and has been retained to make this production unique, to make Lupin enter a new era. ^^