Author Topic: New "Lupin the Third" TV series starting 2015, debuting in Italy (in 2 ways!)  (Read 82989 times)

Aelia

• Part of the Gang
Re: New "Lupin the Third" TV series starting 2015, debuting in Italy (in 2 ways!)
« Reply #225 on: September 29, 2015, 08:33:40 PM »
Fantastic!

But I think the official Japanese opening might have you beat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=80&v=dvaosZlQqrY

Goodness gracious, I can't stop hitting the replay button.

Fujiko Lover

• Part of the Gang
    • Not A Hoax! Not A Dream! (my blog)
Re: New "Lupin the Third" TV series starting 2015, debuting in Italy (in 2 ways!)
« Reply #226 on: September 29, 2015, 11:49:37 PM »
WOW. I am totally on board with "Lupin the Third 20015"! It's a great mix of "'78" and "'80" and it  even has a little of that Mediterranean flair I mentioned from the 2004 special, right around the middle of the theme (where the video highlights Fujiko). If this is the style Ohno uses for the actual musical score, I'm excited.

Great animation, too!

Fujiko Lover

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #227 on: September 30, 2015, 12:30:26 AM »
I just watched the second episode. Good stuff. The bodyguard/goon Lupin impersonated, Leo, looked like a character design from the second series, so that was pretty cool. And it appears we've met the recurring antagonist, Nix. I assume he'll turn out to be working for someone other than MI6, as it seems odd to make them the villains of this series, but who knows.  At any rate, hooray for slow-building serialization!

Red Dear

• Lupin The Third analyst and crazy penciller
  • Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #228 on: September 30, 2015, 10:46:49 AM »
Fujiko Lover: Nyx is indeed a recurring character but is a bit more ambiguous than a simple antagonist.
But I don't know how much I can spoil it here so I will let you discover it for yourself. ;)
Time to play the game, time to get a chance !

Fujiko Lover

• Part of the Gang
I just watched the Japanese version of the first episode. I gotta say, Yuji Ohno turns in some good work here. There are a few updated versions of second series music, and the new material is more in keeping with his past stuff as well. I may pick up the soundtrack album (though how much of this music actually makes it onto the album remains to be seen -- it only has 19 tracks and the second series "soundtrack" albums only had a fraction of the show's actual background music. It was some time before the majority of Ohno's score was released.

As for the rest of the show -- obviously it was the same as the Italian broadcast, though I love the new opening as was shown a few days ago, and the title card and eyepatches, which are both throwbacks to the second series, are great too.

SSJ3_Goku345

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #230 on: November 26, 2015, 06:25:32 PM »
How is the series continuing so far? No one's commenting anything anymore! Did it already end? (in Italy).

VenomousJacket

« Reply #231 on: November 26, 2015, 07:59:11 PM »
How is the series continuing so far? No one's commenting anything anymore! Did it already end? (in Italy).

That's what I was saying too.

Red Dear

• Lupin The Third analyst and crazy penciller
  • Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #232 on: November 26, 2015, 09:38:41 PM »
Well, I'm not commenting in the forum very often, I'm more active on Tumblr or for my fanpage on Facebook so
I neglect the forum a bit. But it's still going on and I think the last episodes are this sunday. The two previous ones last
week were quite decent, focusing on Rebecca and Lupin's relationship with a bit more background on why they got married
in the first place.
Time to play the game, time to get a chance !

VampireNaomi

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #233 on: November 27, 2015, 01:12:00 AM »
I have no legal way of watching it and don't want to see it so badly that I'd bother torrenting or anything, so I'm just waiting and hoping that it'll become available to me one day. But I did check out the first five eps. I quite liked the first four, but the fifth one left me feeling pretty disappointed. It's been a while since I watched it, so my memory is a bit hazy, but I had a lot of problems with it.

(click to show/hide)

Aelia

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #234 on: November 29, 2015, 02:30:29 AM »

I've been watching and enjoying it, but haven't really felt much of a drive to talk about it.

I lost a lot of interest in keeping up with the Italian version even with the announcement that a few of the episodes will be BD only in Japan.

MGFanJay

• Part of the Gang
  • Oh yeah...
    • Hardocre Gamer Magzine - free download
« Reply #235 on: December 07, 2015, 11:38:10 PM »
I've been watching and savoring the series. There have been a couple of nothing-happening episodes, but by and large, the show is fantastic and I'm glad to see the franchise feel fresh and relevant again with Lupin in a starring role.

DrFurball

• Just Stupidly Unfunny Enough
  • Part of the Gang
  • The hero of today, yeah!
The show's kinda hit-or-miss, I think. 1, 3, 4, 7, and 8 have all been fun, but 2, 5, and 6 didn't do much for me. But then again, they can't all be winners, right? I'm loving this show's version of Zenigata, though: tough, badass, intelligent...but still prone to Lupin making an idiot of him. Actually, all five of the main characters have been portrayed well, and I really like the new characters, like Rebecca and Nix.

I do have to admit that the show seems to be a bit more realistic than the other three, with little of the slapstick or outright lunacy that I've come to love. I guess that, in a sense, it's more of a sequel to Cagliostro than the other three TV series, but I'm only, like halfway(?) through it, so maybe things will take a more Monkey Punchesque direction?

Nevertheless, despite my nitpicks, it's still a fun series, and I'm enjoying it.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
BTW, for those interested, someone posted the English translation for the Italian theme song here8)