Author Topic: New "Lupin the Third" TV series starting 2015, debuting in Italy (in 2 ways!)  (Read 79270 times)

blackjacket

• Part of the Gang
I love what I saw of the small preview pics and short animation.
I am getting hyped too!
And as for continuities, if it is related to other shows, it would be likely set sometime after Red Jacket series,
since I believe the start of Red Jacket series has all characters saying that they were meeting for the first
time since the end of Green Jacket series.
Anyways, I hope they release a proper trailer soon.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 01:31:24 PM by blackjacket »

Akai Shuichi

• Shottogun
  • Part of the Gang
Yeah, red jacket is supposedly set 5 years after the first episode of series 1.

SSJ3_Goku345

• Part of the Gang
Red: Thanks. I like how they're still pretending the pink jacket Lupin doesn't exist.  ;D

XD. I didn't see it that way, I admit. But this could just be a way to compare models. ^^

Anyway, we know the whole regular cast is there (plus an unknown blond woman but it could as well be a Fujiko variant), so if Goemon actually interacts with Lupin and Jigen, this could mean this series is at least taking place after Green Jacket.

Or this series follows its own continuity. Or Goemon will not be interacting with Lupin but I find it hard to believe.

Also, they say the blue jacket is a reference to the national football uniform of Italy. In my opinion, this is more of an after-thought. I think this new blue jacket dates back from the Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna promotional visuals and has been retained to make this production unique, to make Lupin enter a new era. ^^

I would like he started off as a foe to Lupin and Jigen. But it had to be a different dimension or something  ???
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 05:16:04 PM by SSJ3_Goku345 »

bolt7

• Part of the Gang
  • Gaffer @ Lupin Central
    • Lupin Central
Full episode of NHK Gendai is here, folks. Check around the 10 minute mark for the segment featuring new Lupin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uqPsiivvxM&feature=youtu.be&t=10m1s

DragonmasterDan

• Part of the Gang
Full episode of NHK Gendai is here, folks. Check around the 10 minute mark for the segment featuring new Lupin.

Awesome. Thanks for the link. It was nice to see a little more of how Blue Jacket looks. I also liked seeing the fact that a lot of people were still working with paper rather than digital pen for the hand drawn look and then watching the finished product on PVMs.

JayAukie

• Part of the Gang

Thank you for the link as well. I like the Lupin statue that appears at the 12:30 mark under the lupin helmet. Hopefully I can find it somewhere I can be able to purchase it.

ehh123

• Part of the Gang
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-02-03/japan-animation-tv-ranking-january-19-25/.83985

Notice the high ratings a previously aired Lupin III TV movie got this January. You think the Blue Jacket anime will make it into the top 10 if it got a good time slot?

Fujikogirl23

• The Curiously Curious
  • Part of the Gang
  • "My head is full of ideas, that's why I'm crazy!"
I don't think there is any reason to be cautious about this one if you didn't like the Fujiko anime. The staff is entirely different.
I know the staff is different. It's more a combination of "Fujiko Mine" along with a number of TV Specials in a row that had squandered potential.

I have to admit, I was skeptical as well about this when it was first announced because I too ended up hating "Fujiko Mine" (ironically) after the series' finale. So I'm going to be cautious as well. Optimistic, but cautious.

Red Dear

• Lupin The Third analyst and crazy penciller
  • Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
Again, the reception of "Mine Fujiko To Iu Onna" is subject to
strong subjectivity and we should not evaluate the new TV series
based on it.
First because it is not productive and second because of what we can conclude
from the differents interviews, the intentions are quite different.

This new series will try to capture every aspect of makes Lupin III, from serious to comical,
form sexy to tongue-in-cheek.

So if I could humbly give one advice, it's to come at this series with an open mind. ^^
Time to play the game, time to get a chance !

Aelia

• Part of the Gang
I have to admit, I was skeptical as well about this when it was first announced because I too ended up hating "Fujiko Mine" (ironically) after the series' finale. So I'm going to be cautious as well. Optimistic, but cautious.

I think everything that is wrong with "Fujiko Mine" is the fault of Mari Okada's composition. Since she's not involved at all I don't see any reason to project the failings of that series onto this one.

So if I could humbly give one advice, it's to come at this series with an open mind. ^^

Agreed.

Also, is it April already? Time sure flew by fast.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
Okada's talented. It was just her first 'mainstream' project where she wasn't solely an assistant animator or basically adapting someone else's material.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 07:06:10 PM by GATSU »

Aelia

• Part of the Gang
Okada's talented. It was just her first 'mainstream' project where she wasn't solely an assistant animator or basically adapting someone else's material.

I think you're conflating her with the series director, Sayo Yamamoto.

Red Dear

• Lupin The Third analyst and crazy penciller
  • Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
Leaving the Yamato debate aside, there is no actual premiere date for
the new TV series yet. But spring doesn't stop at april so let's be patient. ^^
Time to play the game, time to get a chance !

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
Aelia: Yeah, probably. Ok, then I'll admit Okada's a bit hackey.

Fujikogirl23

• The Curiously Curious
  • Part of the Gang
  • "My head is full of ideas, that's why I'm crazy!"
I guess you guys are right. lol. It definitely doesn't seem to have the same direction as the last series (along with the same director. I didn't like her take on the "Black Rock Shooter TV series" either. I thought the OVA was much better), so that's definitely true. I didn't mean to start a debate, however. So I apologize for that. ^ ^u

Leaving the Yamato debate aside, there is no actual premiere date for
the new TV series yet. But spring doesn't stop at april so let's be patient. ^^

I got kind of worried about that, too, since all the other spring line-up schedules said it was supposed to be in April when a couple of friends I know pulled them up. But just like before, we'll probably get a notification as soon as they are ready to air the series. :)