Author Topic: New "Lupin the Third" TV series starting 2015, debuting in Italy (in 2 ways!)  (Read 131935 times)

mikezilla2

• Part of the Gang
i read the 28th of April somewhere

SSJ3_Goku345

• Part of the Gang
Sorry, everybody. No news yet. I just wanted to point that the next issue of the official magazine may come out the last week of this month... we should know something new by that week, shouldn't we?

Haven't seen enough footage or images by now, but don't you think the character designs resemble 2011 TV Specials? I'm starting to get fed up of almost every production getting 1st series character design revisions...

Don't get me wrong, I do like them, but they could try something more original, could't they? Koike's Lupin doesn't count, as it's not officially mainstream Lupin ¬¬

mikezilla2

• Part of the Gang
im pretty happy with the look they have going on the promo art .....

Red Dear

• Lupin The Third analyst and crazy penciller
  • Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
NEWS:

Series will air in Italy this may forst and then in Japan this fall (you gotta get used to the italian
voice-actors, guys ! ;) ).

And Yuji Ohno will actually compose the soundtrack. I have mixed feelings about this. At the same time, this
is the beloved and revered Ohno but I fear his compositions will not be very inspired. I really want this series
to have a different feeling from the other three.

Source: http://www.cinematoday.jp/page/N0072597
(you can find a better visual in the same link, too)
Time to play the game, time to get a chance !

penguintruth

• Part of the Gang
I have to wait until the FALL? Oh, FFS, TMS. Honestly, few other anime studios have pissed me off as much.

I hope it's more like The Woman Called Fujiko Mine and Daisuke Jigen's Gravestone and less like... well, like anything else Lupin related from the past decade or so.

Red Dear

• Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
I'm sure people will manage to find streaming versions of the italian airing, so we won't have
to wait.

Without being frustrated, I admit it's the first time a Lupin III project is delayed this way. Lupin Central
speculated it may be because they decided to give the advantage to the italian audience who's far more supportive
of the franchise than the japanese audience itself.

The reason could also be the rumors of Kanichi Kurita's divorce and struggles but I would not bet on it,
as there is no official information in that regard.

Nonetheless, I think the animators and directors have been pretty clear in their intentions in terms of artistic and tonal direction, I don't need to copy their official report again.

For now, let's not jump to conclusions and, sigh, be patient.

Aelia

• Part of the Gang
I don't think it makes much sense for them to have that much of an advantage unless something is holding up the recording of the Japanese version.  But then again maybe I'm just spoiled by the likes of Space Dandy and various simulcasts.

I'm glad to hear some news on it  though, even if it means more patience on my part. :)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 04:55:59 pm by Aelia »

SolHerald

• Part of the Gang
*Sigh* So they practically keep the series in the dark with very little news, and when they do post news, it's telling us it is being delayed! Gee, thanks.
I'll pretend that there will be a small chance that the US/Crunchyroll will simulcast it the same time as Italy.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 05:27:10 pm by SolHerald »

SSJ3_Goku345

• Part of the Gang
I hope it's more like The Woman Called Fujiko Mine and Daisuke Jigen's Gravestone and less like... well, like anything else Lupin related from the past decade or so.

May God or your atheistic equivalent hear you.

For now, let's not jump to conclusions and, sigh, be patient.

Your sense and temperance is well-appreciated  ;)

Without being frustrated, I admit it's the first time a Lupin III project is delayed this way.

I know it's not official, but The Woman Called Fujiko Mine had a good chance for having been delayed. Remember that famous "mistaken announcement" on NTV back in 2011.

Fujikogirl23

• The Curiously Curious
  • Part of the Gang
  • "My head is full of ideas, that's why I'm crazy!"
I'll admit, I too was a bit disappointed to know that I won't be hearing the Japanese cast for a while until Fall, but at least we got the series coming out regardless! That's better than nothing at all, if you ask me. :)

Haven't seen enough footage or images by now, but don't you think the character designs resemble 2011 TV Specials? I'm starting to get fed up of almost every production getting 1st series character design revisions...

Don't get me wrong, I do like them, but they could try something more original, could't they? Koike's Lupin doesn't count, as it's not officially mainstream Lupin ¬¬

Yeah. That's pretty much how I feel about the art style at the moment. Lately, everything for the past few years has been based on the 1st series look, but I do want something a little different that has a nice artistic balance in design. Also especially since I'd rather see Fujiko in a different hairstyle than the 1st series one. It happens to be my least favorite hairstyle from her, but that's just me. :P

Red Dear

• Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
A side-note on the "1st series-like design":
It is no surprise, considering we have both telecom studios
and a chief animator of the Cagliostro movie that the new series design
might give this sort of vibe. But I would like to point out the fact telecom
does do some variation and that this design, as far as we can judge based on low-quality
pictures and the video footage we had from a Japanese channel, does retain some
Monkey Punch-like quality, mainly the way clothes fold and the very lanky proportions
of Lupin. Even his face while being definitely Telecom, seems to show more Monkey Punch-esque
expressions.

And Telecom did work on Daisuke Jigen's Gravestone, using Koike's design.

So I think that the "originality" of the design might come more from the motion than its base.

But yes, I wish Jigen and Fujiko had different facial features. Still, let's not spoil our fun, even if it's a delayed fun.

The more I think about it, the more the "Kurita having problems" route makes sense for delaying the series in Japan.
I highly doubt he will quit the role but he may have needed some time to breath.

And again, thanks to the pirate magic of internet, we will definitely see some kind of footage this may. ^^
I think the official italian voice for Lupin confirmed his involvement but I need to check my sources.

mikezilla2

• Part of the Gang
Kurita having problems?

anyway cant wait for this :)

Red Dear

• Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
Again, those are rumors and do not deserve too much credit.

But is seems Kurita is going through divorce procedures and you wouldn't
really be on the right mood during this kind of situation.  :-\

But I cannot stress enough the fact those claims, even if true, have never been officialy linked to the delay in Japan airing.

So once again, let's not jump into conclusions.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 01:15:01 pm by Red Dear »

mikezilla2

• Part of the Gang
i had no idea thought you were saying his vocals were a miss

Aelia

• Part of the Gang
If there's any truth to the rumors, required appearances in court would be a big factor as well.

The first I heard of this rumor was on some awful Youtube "news" channel though. So I don't give it much credence.