Author Topic: New "Lupin the Third" TV series starting 2015, debuting in Italy (in 2 ways!)  (Read 120735 times)

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
The preview is now available. Thanks, @WTK.

penguintruth

• Part of the Gang
My eyes... what is this water streaming from my eyes? Could they... could they be tears... tears of happiness?

Been watching the PV on a loop for the past ten minutes.

Red Dear

• Lupin The Third analyst and crazy penciller
  • Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
If even Penguintruth is happy, what can go wrong ??  ;D

Seriously, I love lots of things in this PV teaser. If I really had to nitpick,
it would be Goemon and Fujiko's design but I'm not surprised and character
design isn't everything.

We have a Zenigata that seems to be both comical and serious, a competent and yet goofy Lupin,
a very engaging animation style with a bit of a "pencil-ish" line work.

And most intriguing: Lupin getting married ???? To the mystery girl ????
Who could be a rival thief ?????? It's not terribly original but it's never been done
on a series length and it could bring some engaging storyline !

It will be hard to wait, even for a month.  :D
Time to play the game, time to get a chance !

penguintruth

• Part of the Gang
I wonder if this is in its own continuity or not. Not that continuity is super important with Lupin. So long as it's good, it doesn't matter much, I just like the Fujiko Mine TV/Daisuke Jigen's Gravestone continuity that's come up. It's the attitude. But I don't mind a little more silliness, just as long as Lupin's willing to use that gun.

Red Dear

• Lupin The Third analyst and crazy penciller
  • Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
I trust the directors and chief animators for keeping the balance
between light hearted and serious. They said it during the first news.
They will try to keep in with all aspects of Lupin the Third.

As for the continuity, interesting question.

The Mine Fujiko series is clearly set before series one (1971), as they tried hard not to contradict it (Goemon not meeting with Lupin or Jigen). The Jigen movie is a bit of an old duck, even more weird with the inclusion of Mamo (which pretty awesome).

As for this new series, it could well be its own timeline or making reference to the previous three tv series.
Only time will tell.

But yeah, Lupin canon is a loose canon (sorry for the pun). ^^
Time to play the game, time to get a chance !

JayAukie

• Part of the Gang
It looks pretty good. This is  I agree with Goemon's design looks a bit weird only because he seems very young looking. It looks like that they are doing a lupin getting married episode the look on Jigen's face is hilarious and I like the hairdo that they gave fujiko for in the clip as well and it's hard to tell be it looks like she might be upset about Lupin getting married.
 The inclusion of Mamo in the Jigen movie was pretty awesome I liked how the masked men worked for him and it showed that he was starting to have an obsession with Fujiko. I'm glad they hinted that we was behind the events of the Fujiko plot line with his alias initials on the mansion and on the the head masked mans tie. anyways hopefully with this series Yuji Ohno will do a new opening and ending theme and not just a remix of the classic one.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
Nothing new, but ANN summarized Tomanaga's approach to the series.

SolHerald

• Part of the Gang
All aboard the hype train!
No, but seriously the trailer put the biggest and stupidest smile on my face. My only two complaints are Goemon's eyes, he looks to cute, and the girl, I'm not saying it is bad, but TMS hasn't had a very good record with random girls in the Lupin franchise, hopefully she won't try and take the spotlight.
(and does anyone else miss the the Mercedes SSK?)

SSJ3_Goku345

• Part of the Gang
Looks very well. I like the character designs, and they look beautiful in motion. This series is indeed aiming to have a 'unique' feel to it. Looks classy, too.

On the "1st series-like design" mini-discussion... Let me say: Telecom's designing style in, for example, Nostradamus or Fuma remains among my all-time favorites. And I felt really happy when I noticed Jigen's Gravestone was animated by Telecom; the animation was truly awesome. I was thinking maybe they could have taken a different route in character designing means.

What I wonder about now is the length... What do you think about that? Would you like it to be around 26 episodes or less? 'Cause I don't think it'll be more than that...

All aboard the hype train!
No, but seriously the trailer put the biggest and stupidest smile on my face. My only two complaints are Goemon's eyes, he looks to cute, and the girl, I'm not saying it is bad, but TMS hasn't had a very good record with random girls in the Lupin franchise, hopefully she won't try and take the spotlight.

Hum, hopefully not. Please!

I'd like a cameo appearance of this.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 04:46:40 am by SSJ3_Goku345 »

mikezilla2

• Part of the Gang
guessing this will be towards the end of may ? that is we don't have a date yet?

blackjacket

• Part of the Gang
guessing this will be towards the end of may ? that is we don't have a date yet?

On the official youtube video, there is a date in Japanese saying something about May.
I suppose that is the month when this new series will start airing in Japan, right? Not Italy broadcast date.

Anyway, I have no idea how long this show will be. I wonder if this will have a long plot, instead of having standalone episodes.
And I wonder if they will have a variation of classic Lupin III theme song, or completely a new one?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 11:05:23 am by blackjacket »

Aelia

• Part of the Gang
I wish there had been a little more new footage. Other than that, HYPE.

I do. But I think the Fiat was inevitable with the Italian setting.

Fujikogirl23

• The Curiously Curious
  • Part of the Gang
  • "My head is full of ideas, that's why I'm crazy!"
I've never been so hyped for anything like this since Zankyou no Terror (expect probably a bit more than that one)!!!! :D

Now I am SO ready to watch this!!! And now that we had a better look at the art style on each character, I'm actually digging it! Even Fujiko's look has a nice touch now with the eye shadow and lipstick and I usually am not a fan of her 1st series look! Can't wait!!!  ;D

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
    • http://www.lupinthethird.com
On the official youtube video, there is a date in Japanese saying something about May.
I suppose that is the month when this new series will start airing in Japan, right? Not Italy broadcast date.

It explicitly says that it will debut in May in Italy. Japanese broadcast is much later, in the Fall. I would expect NA to be waiting for a Japanese feed before we see somewhere like Funimation or Crunchyroll (or less likely, Daisuki) snag it.

Re: the Lupin theme, Ohno reportedly wanted to use a new version of Theme of Lupin the Third as the OP theme for Part III, but his existing record contracts kept him from being able to use it. (They made a special arrangement to include the song in the Legend of the Gold of Babylon film.) I think all those limitations are old news now... I mean, the TV specials have all used the Lupin theme, and the trailer uses it. I wouldn't be surprised if we get it. In fact, one of the official new series tweets mentions the Lupin Theme specifically, but I didn't check whether it was saying they'd use it or just saying "Yuji Ohno, composer of the Theme of Lupin the Third, is doing the music."
-R. Nelson

penguintruth

• Part of the Gang
They should feature the classic '78 theme (or some version thereof, like the trailer's '79 version) within the show somewhere, but it shouldn't be the actual opening theme of the show. That one should be new.

I love Yuji Ohno, but it's time for him to branch out a little.