Author Topic: New "Lupin the Third" TV series starting 2015, debuting in Italy (in 2 ways!)  (Read 118226 times)

fantasticmrfox

• Part of the Gang
I wouldn't be surprised if they're deadset on begging miyazaki to contribute an episode, considering he has semi retired from feature films.

Aelia

• Part of the Gang
I wouldn't be surprised if they're deadset on begging miyazaki to contribute an episode, considering he has semi retired from feature films.

I would be surprised if he agreed to do it. I was always under the impression that he was very much done with Lupin after the final episode of the second series.

VampireNaomi

• Part of the Gang
So, is this still starting in Italy next week? Last time I talked to my Italian friend, she said no specific date had been announced.

Also, various websites list Kiyoshi Kobayashi as Jigen, but I haven't seen any news articles mention that. Has the cast been confirmed, or is that just an assumption? As much as I enjoy and respect his work, I kind of wish he'd retire because Jigen sounds too old to me these days. It worked in the bleak atmosphere of the Fujiko Mine series, but the new series seems to have a totally different tone. Though I might be a bit overly aware of the difference because I've been rewatching the 1971 series lately.

Anyway, I haven't seen Jigen's Gravestone yet because I'm waiting for the Discotek release, but I agree with everyone who said it would be a fitting place to hand over the character to someone younger.

LupinfromItaly

• Part of the Gang
LupinIII's Fans in Italy? Where???

So I'm so exited for this new serie: LupinIII is ALIVE!!! :-D

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
    • http://www.lupinthethird.com
So, is this still starting in Italy next week? Last time I talked to my Italian friend, she said no specific date had been announced.

Also, various websites list Kiyoshi Kobayashi as Jigen, but I haven't seen any news articles mention that. Has the cast been confirmed, or is that just an assumption?

I could be misremembering, but didn't the latest teaser trailer for the series have a bit of dialogue? Maybe Jigen had a line or two?

I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't make May. The split between Italy and Japan release dates are probably not without cause (i.e., Italian run will be done fly-by-seat-of-pants and the Japanese run more consistent and cleaned-up).
-R. Nelson

VampireNaomi

• Part of the Gang
I could be misremembering, but didn't the latest teaser trailer for the series have a bit of dialogue? Maybe Jigen had a line or two?

Really? I've only seen this one, so if any others have been posted, then I've completely missed them.

SSJ3_Goku345

• Part of the Gang
There is only a preview and there's no dialogue at all in it, I'm afraid.

If the series doesn't make May -which I agree with Reed, is very possible- I will start feeling that there's not much hope for this series to become something more like a tribute for the fanbase... In other words, what we have been getting for the past two decades. Simply terrible.

And what it worse is that even TMS seem to care a bit about it. Why don't you put it in official hiatus in the first place and wait whatever has to happen to make a proper recording of the dialogues?

mikezilla2

• Part of the Gang
throught zeni had a line ?

Akai Shuichi

• Shottogun
  • Part of the Gang
No, nobody has any lines.

Aelia

• Part of the Gang
There is only a preview and there's no dialogue at all in it, I'm afraid.

If the series doesn't make May -which I agree with Reed, is very possible- I will start feeling that there's not much hope for this series to become something more like a tribute for the fanbase... In other words, what we have been getting for the past two decades. Simply terrible.

And what it worse is that even TMS seem to care a bit about it. Why don't you put it in official hiatus in the first place and wait whatever has to happen to make a proper recording of the dialogues?

A delay could iron out any problems that have arisen or make little changes. So, it's not necessarily a bad thing.

But, like you, I just wish TMS would make some kind of announcement. I don't expect them to be forthcoming with any information about why the delay is occurring, but at least a "Sorry, you'll have to be a little more patient" would be nice.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
Link says TMS retracted its prior estimated May air date.

LupinfromItaly

• Part of the Gang
Lupin's italian traslator is at work, but I don't Know if he's translating the new Series or the live action.
14june I work with San Marino Comics. If I find information...I tell you something! :-)

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
Thanks, L-Italy. :)

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
Someone on ANN says it's been pushed back to Autumn.

mikezilla2

• Part of the Gang
in Autumn ? whats the climate ment to be in EU atm ? im guessing he made a typo ether way i was hoping to see this in june  :-[