Author Topic: New "Lupin the Third" TV series starting 2015, debuting in Italy (in 2 ways!)  (Read 118223 times)

SSJ3_Goku345

• Part of the Gang
Someone on ANN says it's been pushed back to Autumn.

Haven't found anything to back this. However, I have found this statement in Rai TV's official website:
The new episodes will be broadcast in Italy (Mediaset) between May and June, in Japan in October.

That should clear some issues by now.

bolt7

• Part of the Gang
  • Gaffer @ Lupin Central
    • Lupin Central
Someone on ANN says it's been pushed back to Autumn.

Haven't found anything to back this. However, I have found this statement in Rai TV's official website:
The new episodes will be broadcast in Italy (Mediaset) between May and June, in Japan in October.

That should clear some issues by now.

I suspect we'll see it near the end of October in Japan, as that's when the TOHO Cinemas stuff finishes!

http://natalie.mu/comic/news/143646

fantasticmrfox

• Part of the Gang
AUGUST 29! AUGUST 29! SOUND THE ALARMS, NEW LUPIN DEBUT OFFICIALLY SET FOR SATURDAY AUGUST 29 ON ITALIA 1!

Red Dear

• Lupin The Third analyst and crazy penciller
  • Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
INDEED !!!!!!!!!!!!!! WITH FOOTAGE OF THE FIRST TWO EPISODES SHOWN AT AN ITALIAN CON
JULY 18TH !!!!!!! WITH A LIVE SYNCH BY THE ITALIAN VOICE ACTORS !!!!! AND THE REST 29 OF AUGUST !!!!!
LONG LIVE BLUEPIN !!!!!!!!
Time to play the game, time to get a chance !

EatStatic

• Part of the Gang
A few days ago I finally got around to watching Jigens Gravestone and thought it was amazing, a great return to form I thought. So I'm really psyched for this one :D

VampireNaomi

• Part of the Gang
The Italian intro with lots of new clips can be watched here. It took me a few times listening to it to warm up to it, but now I really like it. Italian intros are always upbeat and fun like that. And the clips really make me look forward to the series. Can't wait! :D

EatStatic

• Part of the Gang
Can't say I'm a fan of that music :P but the animation and style of it all looks great! :D

Red Dear

• Lupin The Third analyst and crazy penciller
  • Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
To me the italian theme is uneven. And not because this is a collaboration between
two very different artists but because it sounds that some bits are too fast and breaking
the flow of the melody. But it's not unbearable either. If we wanna watch the series early,
we'll have to get used to it. ^^

And I really like what the new footage indicates: diversity. There is slapstick, action, humor,
fantastic (zombies !) and the style and animation are really enjoyable. There is a moment where
Jigen and Lupin go from their series one color scheme to the blue jacket one. I wonder if it means
there will be references to other periods of Lupin's franchise.
Time to play the game, time to get a chance !

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
For some reason, I'm more interested in what the Japanese theme is going to be like than in the actual content of the show.  ;D

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
Man, spotted a Youtube link of the same intro, courtesy of @catsuka, and the Italian Lupin fans seem to hate it. Or is it the show itself they're trashing?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 06:38:59 am by GATSU »

SSJ3_Goku345

• Part of the Gang
Man, spotted a Youtube link of the same intro, courtesy of @catsuka, and the Italian Lupin fans seem to hate it. Or is it the show itself they're trashing?

They hate the singer, Moreno. And the song, in general.

So do I.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 07:01:32 am by SSJ3_Goku345 »

SolHerald

• Part of the Gang
Well, I guess I'm waiting for the Japanese. That's an incredibly awful opening, the song is terrible, and although the animation is nice, they just throw together clips from the trailers, it looks more like a youtube amv then an anime opening. I don't know much about Italian Lupin openings, are they all like that?

SSJ3_Goku345

• Part of the Gang
Well, I guess I'm waiting for the Japanese. That's an incredibly awful opening, the song is terrible, and although the animation is nice, they just throw together clips from the trailers, it looks more like a youtube amv then an anime opening. I don't know much about Italian Lupin openings, are they all like that?

Exactly what I think. It looks cheap, and the title card is simply terrible.

Many of them are like this, indeed. There has been a tendency in Europe of using actual footage from the series in the intros, specially on the past two decades. You can check out previous italian openings for a example.

Looking forward to the Japanese opening sequence and the possible vocal song accompanying it.

VampireNaomi

• Part of the Gang
Yikes, the song really is getting a lot of hate on YouTube. Looks like I'm one of the few who like it. It's not that bad, even if rap isn't something that Lupin really needs.

Edit: Italian fans are petitioning against the song.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 12:42:47 pm by VampireNaomi »

SSJ3_Goku345

• Part of the Gang
I think I've been harsh in my previous comment; the song isn't that terrible, really. It's only I was hoping to hear some techno vibes in the opening... just like many other Italian anime intros.

Rap and Lupin can coexist. "Lupin the Fire" was pretty neat, actually...
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 07:05:47 pm by SSJ3_Goku345 »