Author Topic: New "Lupin the Third" TV series starting 2015, debuting in Italy (in 2 ways!)  (Read 120715 times)

Aelia

• Part of the Gang
I'm with the Italian fans on this one. The opening is really bad.

Rap and Lupin can coexist. "Lupin the Fire" was pretty neat, actually...

Honestly, I don't think the problem is that the theme is a rap song. It's that it isn't a very good one.

penguintruth

• Part of the Gang
That song is an abomination. Like The Last Job-tier abominable.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 03:10:36 am by penguintruth »

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
So it's not officially out yet, just the intro. Or is that just a promo? But it's still scheduled for August, with a 26 ep run. Thanks to @azabaro and @auraoo for the tip.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 03:23:59 am by GATSU »

VampireNaomi

• Part of the Gang
Now there's a parody of the Italian theme. Maybe someone who understands Italian can translate the lyrics?

SSJ3_Goku345

• Part of the Gang
I'm with the Italian fans on this one. The opening is really bad.

Rap and Lupin can coexist. "Lupin the Fire" was pretty neat, actually...

Honestly, I don't think the problem is that the theme is a rap song. It's that it isn't a very good one.

Yeah, I think you are right. I honestly think that a Lupin the Third soundtrack can consist of more musical genres than jazz.

That song is an abomination. Like The Last Job-tier abominable.

Hold the mayo! That is the height of abomination.

Now there's a parody of the Italian theme. Maybe someone who understands Italian can translate the lyrics?

And it sounds way better! My Italian is dirt-poor, but I can tell you that she's asking to leave Lupin alone.

fantasticmrfox

• Part of the Gang
Am I the only one who's nostalgically reminded of the green jacket by this opening? ....and dragon ball gt?

Red Dear

• Lupin The Third analyst and crazy penciller
  • Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
What is the "Last Job-tier" thing ? As I remember, The Last Job had at least pretty decent
music.

Again, my opinion on the opening is that it's uneven and lazy in terms of edit but I don't think they
can do much more now, wether it's because of their method of making openings or because the series
might still need time to finish production.

But what is sure is that openings are not the absolute defining detail to judge an anime's quality.

Let's just hope the japanese version will be better. But I think it's more than probable. ^^
Time to play the game, time to get a chance !

SolHerald

• Part of the Gang
What is the "Last Job-tier" thing ? As I remember, The Last Job had at least pretty decent
music.

^The music in Last Job was pretty good, so I'm assuming (sorry if I'm wrong), he's talking about Last Job as a TV special, not the music.

Again, my opinion on the opening is that it's uneven and lazy in terms of edit but I don't think they
can do much more now, wether it's because of their method of making openings or because the series
might still need time to finish production.

But what is sure is that openings are not the absolute defining detail to judge an anime's quality.

Let's just hope the japanese version will be better. But I think it's more than probable. ^^
^We're not judging the quality of the anime (which is fine), we are mostly judging the song.

^I like how the parody has been out for less than a day and it already has more likes than the actual opening.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 03:39:04 am by SolHerald »

SSJ3_Goku345

• Part of the Gang
I assumed penguin truth was talking about the special, not the music. At least, I was  ;)

^I like how the parody has been out for less than a day and it already has more likes than the actual opening.

Me too. I wonder how the change.org campaign may affect the show...

VampireNaomi

• Part of the Gang
Here's another Italian video that I saw posted on Tumblr, this time someone being interviewed about the series. It features a few clips of Lupin and Fujiko with voice acting. Looks pretty promising.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 03:40:23 pm by VampireNaomi »

blackjacket

• Part of the Gang
The animation looks very good, and since I almost always preferred original dubbing no matter what anime it is,
I am patiently waiting for the Japanese broadcast of the series.

SolHerald

• Part of the Gang
I assumed penguin truth was talking about the special, not the music. At least, I was  ;)

Me too. I wonder how the change.org campaign may affect the show...
Even with near 35,000 signatures, according to this: http://lupincentral.ghost.io/giorgio-vanni-responds-to-criticism/, Giorgio Vanni doesn't care much.
It's funny, here in North America or in much of Europe we have little power to complain when something bad comes out in the world of Lupin, we just bite the bullet, but in Italy, they try really hard to change something bad, and guess what, they don't care.

It doesn't matter to them anyways, since they know all the people who signed the petition are long-time fans of Lupin, and they are gonna watch it anyways, even if the opening sucks.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 04:49:02 pm by SolHerald »

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
SolHerald: They seem to like Pink Jacket Lupin more than us. So maybe they'll finally know how we feel.  ;D

blackjacket

• Part of the Gang
I know this is really late, but I personally just learned that Yuji Ohno himself is composing the OST.
I wonder if he is going to change the style a bit for this new series.
Anyways, waiting for the fall broadcast in Japan.

VampireNaomi

• Part of the Gang
The official site has character bios in Japanese now, and they're keeping Kobayashi as Jigen. I'm still a little torn on this as I've been watching a lot of 70s Lupin lately and I miss his younger voice, but at the same time I know I'll be incredibly critical when they eventually do replace him. It's going to be so weird when someone takes over the role.