Author Topic: New "Lupin the Third" TV series starting 2015, debuting in Italy (in 2 ways!)  (Read 115320 times)

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
Nothing important. I just spotted the Twitter, courtesy of Sadamoto.

SolHerald

• Part of the Gang
I know this is really late, but I personally just learned that Yuji Ohno himself is composing the OST.
I wonder if he is going to change the style a bit for this new series.
Anyways, waiting for the fall broadcast in Japan.
I love Yuji Ohno, but I feel like the most recent soundtracks have gotten 'too jazzy,' I miss the red jacket series' funky sounds.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
Looks like it's heading to Japanese tv in October.

blackjacket

• Part of the Gang
I love Yuji Ohno, but I feel like the most recent soundtracks have gotten 'too jazzy,' I miss the red jacket series' funky sounds.

I completely agree with you, because that is what I have been thinking about his Lupin III OSTs since last few years.
I really miss the funk in his music. I love that he incorporates jazz in Lupin III OST, but now it's too jazz only without the funk, as you said.
I think his last funky Lupin III OST was the OST for 2004 TV Special "Stolen Lupin".
After that, his OSTs have been mostly jazz only or variations of many old themes.
Nowadays, only occasionally, he produced some really cool tracks, like the Memory of Smile(Green vs Red version).

« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 10:33:13 pm by blackjacket »

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
Via Crunchyroll:
The official website for the upcoming new Lupin the Third TV anime series has updated with the announcements for its main voice cast and TV stations in Japan for an October premiere. All of the recent five VAs, including 82-year-old Kiyoshi Kobayashi as Daisuke Jigen, will reprise their roles.

After three previous VAs for Goemon, Fujiko and Zenigata left the series due to their age (they are in their 70s and 80s) in 2011, Kobayashi is now the last remaining original voice cast since the first TV series aired in 1971-1972. Meanwhile, the VA for the new main character Rebecca Rossellini has not yet been revealed.

The new Lupin the Third TV anime will premiere on Nihon TV, Yomiuri TV, Miyagi TV, Chukyo TV, TV shinshu and TV Oita in October.

Announced main voice cast for the new season:

Arsène Lupin III: Kanichi Kurita (1995-)

Daisuke Jigen: Kiyoshi Kobayashi (1971-)

Goemon Ishikawa XIII: Daisuke Namikawa (2011-)

Fujiko Mine: Miyuki Sawashiro (2011-)

Inspector Koichi Zenigata: Koichi Yamadera (2011-)

mikezilla2

• Part of the Gang
didn't the original  zen die ? or am i getting my wires crossed with someone else ?  good to know that this series will be picked up right away tho

Red Dear

• Lupin The Third analyst and crazy penciller
  • Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
I remember Goro Naya was still alive after Last Job (2010) but retired because he was already
diagnosed with throat cancer. He died in 2013. So he did retire 3 years before he died.

Happy to have the regular cast back. ^^
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 01:19:26 am by Red Dear »
Time to play the game, time to get a chance !

blackjacket

• Part of the Gang
Naya Goro's last gig as Zenigata was the short feature Lupin All-Star Family in the TV Specials DVD collection.
Well, it is also the last time for the original voice actors of Fujiko and Goemon.

Red Dear

• Lupin The Third analyst and crazy penciller
  • Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
Ah I completely forgot the All-Star Family direct to video. XD
But yeah, that was his "true" final job as Zenigata.
Time to play the game, time to get a chance !

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
    • http://www.lupinthethird.com
Naya Goro's last gig as Zenigata was the short feature Lupin All-Star Family in the TV Specials DVD collection.
Well, it is also the last time for the original voice actors of Fujiko and Goemon.

Mostly true. It was on the Lupin the Third Master File, the one that also had the pilots for both Lupin the Eighth & Lupin 3DCG, and some other random stuff on it.
-R. Nelson

penguintruth

• Part of the Gang
The pain of Goro Naya's death is still fresh to me.  :'(

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
Hopefully, if you're not in a country which is region-blocked from seeing this, more pics, courtesy of @aicnanime and @QuiMediaset_it.

Edit: Ok, if you are one of those unlucky types, I found the original links.  8) Go here and here.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 09:47:08 am by GATSU »

mikezilla2

• Part of the Gang
why would that page be locked ?

VampireNaomi

• Part of the Gang
That's quite a lot of new characters. I wonder how many of them will be relevant and how many are random extras. Some of the past specials have left me feeling that the Lupin characters were just playing second fiddle to the new characters and their story. I doubt it's going to be a big problem since this is a series, but I do hope to see conflict and personal stakes for the usual gang instead of watching them accompany someone else on their journey and do all the paint by the numbers Lupin clichés.

Any idea whether this will be episodic or have an on-going story? I guess at least Rebecca and her secret are going to play a role from start to finish.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
mike: 'Cus CR streams content which is not necessarily available in all countries.