Author Topic: New "Lupin the Third" TV series starting 2015, debuting in Italy (in 2 ways!)  (Read 115322 times)

sprak

• Cliff Hanger
    • Lupin III Encyclopedia
Re: New "Lupin the Third" TV series starting 2015, debuting in Italy (in 2 ways!)
« Reply #165 on: September 01, 2015, 12:08:52 am »
- By the way, I hate soccer.

And welcome to the banned list... ;)

VampireNaomi

• Part of the Gang
Re: New "Lupin the Third" TV series starting 2015, debuting in Italy (in 2 ways!)
« Reply #166 on: September 01, 2015, 12:15:09 am »
I've been watching some of the scenes again and I realised that I really want to buy the soundtrack for this series. There are some pieces in it (like when Zenigata gets thrown out of the wedding, or Jigen's western music in the fourth episode) that I'd really like to give a good listening to.

SSJ3_Goku345

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #167 on: September 01, 2015, 11:19:29 am »
How did they release four episodes already?

mikezilla2

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #168 on: September 01, 2015, 12:56:16 pm »
heres part of a first draft sort of thing that someone did

http://pastebin.com/qkBQDfnL

show has potential  not sure when the rest will be subbed ?

fantasticmrfox

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #169 on: September 01, 2015, 03:34:39 pm »
For some reason, I can't help throwing some of the Geneon-isms in whenever I read with the subtitle script attached. For example "Pops" whenever they put in "Zaza". Maybe if I get bored I'll mess with these subtitles and make a "Red" version of them based off this, the japanese dub and some Geneon/Epcar references.

SSJ3_Goku345

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #170 on: September 01, 2015, 08:26:59 pm »
The episodes have aired with both Italian and Japanese dubs!

Now I'm even more confused. Why would they delay the Japanese airing date -and the overall airing dates- so much?

DragonmasterDan

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #171 on: September 01, 2015, 09:06:05 pm »
The episodes have aired with both Italian and Japanese dubs!

Now I'm even more confused. Why would they delay the Japanese airing date -and the overall airing dates- so much?

Interesting,
Was there a second audio channel in the Italian airing with the Japanese dub?

Akai Shuichi

• Shottogun
  • Part of the Gang
« Reply #172 on: September 01, 2015, 09:15:04 pm »
Basically the channel carries 2 audio streams and you can choose which one to use. The delay for the Japanese airing might just be part of the deal done with their Italian partners. I'm also curious to know if the music track will be the same in the Japanese airing or not.

Snesgamer

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #173 on: September 02, 2015, 01:15:51 am »
Still haven't decided how I'm going to watch this. I really should watch in Japanese as I'm trying to learn the language and so that's probably better for immersion purposes, but then again I'd kinda like to watch in the original Italian as that's a rarity for an anime.

I hope they end up subbing both, I mean Italian is technically closer to English and therefore'd be easier to translate/sub than Japanese, right?

lit

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #174 on: September 02, 2015, 03:18:48 am »
The first four episodes are already available with English subtitles (with dual audio track, ita and jap).
Links: episodes 1-4.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 05:58:39 am by lit »

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #175 on: September 02, 2015, 05:12:02 am »
Snes: Actually, they dub a lot of anime into Italian. It might be rare for you to watch it in that language, though. I know it definitely is for me.

Snesgamer

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #176 on: September 02, 2015, 05:34:29 am »
Snes: Actually, they dub a lot of anime into Italian. It might be rare for you to watch it in that language, though. I know it definitely is for me.

What I meant was, the original language of the anime itself (as in, what language it came out in first) was Italian, not Japanese.

Red Dear

• Lupin The Third analyst and crazy penciller
  • Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #177 on: September 02, 2015, 06:37:27 am »
As a french speaker, watching the episodes in italian didn't bother me. I don't understand every sentence, mind you,
but I manage to follow the general picture. And thankfully, the animation, for the most part, speaks for itself so understanding
every word is almost inconsequential for me.

Also, it is indeed interesting to see that the episodes were already dubbed in japanese, on top of the italian dub. Maybe the reason
of the delay for the japanese release is more a question of anime season schedule. They might have been afraid the anime wouldn't
fair well during the summer, with the competion. I don't know. It's still pretty much a mystery.
Time to play the game, time to get a chance !

SSJ3_Goku345

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #178 on: September 02, 2015, 09:09:50 am »
Basically the channel carries 2 audio streams and you can choose which one to use. The delay for the Japanese airing might just be part of the deal done with their Italian partners. I'm also curious to know if the music track will be the same in the Japanese airing or not.

That's it. I can't talk about the soundtrack yet, though. But, usually, they don't change it.

Aelia

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #179 on: September 02, 2015, 02:45:25 pm »
What I meant was, the original language of the anime itself (as in, what language it came out in first) was Italian, not Japanese.

Why not watch both? I have several times by now.

It seems to me that they were done at the same time and thus both have legitimate claims to being the "original" dub.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 02:50:44 pm by Aelia »