Author Topic: New "Lupin the Third" TV series starting 2015, debuting in Italy (in 2 ways!)  (Read 131822 times)

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
    • http://www.lupinthethird.com
Re: New "Lupin the Third" TV series starting 2015, debuting in Italy (in 2 ways!)
« Reply #180 on: September 03, 2015, 10:57:58 pm »
Snes: Actually, they dub a lot of anime into Italian. It might be rare for you to watch it in that language, though. I know it definitely is for me.

What I meant was, the original language of the anime itself (as in, what language it came out in first) was Italian, not Japanese.

Because both tracks debuted simultaneously on the same broadcast feed, I don't think you can say the Italian audio is the "original" any more than you can say the Japanese is. I wouldn't even be surprised if they did that just to prevent such a stance. This is important because license contracts can often separate out "original languages" and "dubbed versions". What if, say, Funimation wanted to get Lupin TV '15 and the contract says it only includes the "original language"? If they hadn't aired the Japanese track simultaneously, that language would be Italian.  Oops!

Also, what Aelia said here.
It seems to me that they were done at the same time and thus both have legitimate claims to being the "original" dub.
-R. Nelson

mikezilla2

• Part of the Gang
Re: New "Lupin the Third" TV series starting 2015, debuting in Italy (in 2 ways!)
« Reply #181 on: September 06, 2015, 11:09:30 am »
anyone have some sort of a data base with the episode air dates ?( for Italy) 

Aelia

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #182 on: September 06, 2015, 02:11:30 pm »
anyone have some sort of a data base with the episode air dates ?( for Italy)

Dunno. I've been using Mediaset's program guide on their website.

Red Dear

• Lupin The Third analyst and crazy penciller
  • Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #183 on: September 06, 2015, 05:08:02 pm »
4 episodes today at 23:30 (italian jour). ^^
Time to play the game, time to get a chance !

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
« Reply #184 on: September 06, 2015, 06:17:05 pm »
I just see three listed on the schedule for today.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 06:17:46 pm by Reed »
-R. Nelson

Red Dear

• Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #185 on: September 06, 2015, 06:21:58 pm »
Ah, I may be wrong but the synopsis for the eighth episode is already avaible and it seems it
airs tonight. Heh, we'll see. ^^

penguintruth

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #186 on: September 06, 2015, 07:10:10 pm »
Well, whoever was in charge of the stream I was watching cut after the third episode, so maybe there really was just three.

Also: ZOOOOOMBIIIIIES!

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
« Reply #187 on: September 06, 2015, 08:05:42 pm »
Ah, I may be wrong but the synopsis for the eighth episode is already avaible and it seems it
airs tonight. Heh, we'll see. ^^

Can you provide a link to this information or anything?
-R. Nelson

Red Dear

• Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #188 on: September 06, 2015, 08:38:13 pm »
You were right Reed, there were only three episodes tonight. My apologies for the mistake.

But the synopsis of episode eight is indeed up:

The Kidnapping
Brigitte, the young daughter of agent Nix of MI6 , is searching the autograph of Rebecca, but is kidnapped by a group of exploiters. Lupin inadvertently it subtracts the car of the kidnappers in which they locked up the little girl. Agent Nix, by using his power, is able to trace the car. At this misunderstanding also it joins Rebecca, with the intention of distracting Brigitteā€¦

But more importantly: episode 7 had one VERY competent Zenigata !!!  8)

penguintruth

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #189 on: September 06, 2015, 10:19:24 pm »
Oooh, I'm looking forward to next week a lot more now. The Nix episode (Ep 3) is my favorite thus far, so him returning interests me.

Red Dear

• Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #190 on: September 07, 2015, 10:57:40 am »
Indeed, Penguintruth ! Nix seems to be a rather important recurring character,
as he appeared at the end of episode 1, was central to episode 3 and returns in ep 8.

Also, he seems to have a secret mission "Classified" with the access codename "italian dream".

Looks like this series, on top of the episodic short stories, might have a PLOT ! :D

Fujiko Lover

• Part of the Gang
    • Not A Hoax! Not A Dream! (my blog)
« Reply #191 on: September 07, 2015, 11:43:46 am »
I still haven't watched it -- waiting for subtitles -- but I'm really excited to hear that this series has something I've wanted out of Lupin for a while: an overarching storyline interspersed among standalone episodes! I mean, FUJIKO MINE had that too, but that wasn't exactly a traditional Lupin series.

Do we know how many episodes this is supposed to be? They're burning them pretty fast for the Italian broadcast!

Red Dear

• Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #192 on: September 07, 2015, 12:56:58 pm »
The latest info on the series's lenght tells us that it will last
nothing short of 23 episodes ! So 20 more than Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna !

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
« Reply #193 on: September 07, 2015, 04:52:03 pm »
A recent Japanese article said 24 are planned, so it would be 11 more than FUJIKO.
-R. Nelson

Red Dear

• Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #194 on: September 07, 2015, 05:51:22 pm »
Ah, once again I should have checked my facts. XD
Sorry for the mistake and thank you for the correction, Reed.

It's relatively rare to have 24 episodes per season nowadays (the 90's
and early 2000's seem far away now) with most anime seasons
gravitating around 13 episodes.

But having 24 episodes is really something great for us Lupin fans. ^^