Author Topic: "The Castle of Cagliostro" DVD & Blu-ray Feedback Thread  (Read 9835 times)

Akai Shuichi

• Shottogun
  • Part of the Gang
Re: "The Castle of Cagliostro" DVD Feedback Thread
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2015, 11:11:19 am »
I know for a fact that this is the definitive release for Cagliostro. There is a slew of extras Reed is putting together such as a video interview with David Hayter being one of them.

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
    • http://www.lupinthethird.com
Re: "The Castle of Cagliostro" DVD Feedback Thread
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2015, 02:31:25 am »
I'm really tempted to get this DVD (even though I already own the UK version) but  as Discotek are also releasing it on blu ray does anyone know if there will be any new extras?

Also does anyone know if Discotek blu rays are region free? (The only previous blu ray they had was Little Nemo but I cant find out if its region coded)

Sorry for the late reply, but yeah the Blu-ray definitely has several new extras, and I've updated this thread's OP to elaborate on what's included. But it IS sadly locked to Region A. Time to snag a region-free player! :D The Cagliostro in Disney US' Miyazaki set uses similar video and is region-free but it has nada for extras and only the older English dub.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 02:40:33 am by Reed »
-R. Nelson

Robotech_Master

• Part of the Gang
Re: "The Castle of Cagliostro" DVD & Blu-ray Feedback Thread
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2016, 07:14:25 pm »
Always the cow's tail, I finally got ahold of a copy of this Blu-ray and had a look. It's really impressive. I don't think I've ever seen a disc release of anything that was quite this good.

About the only part I'm not investigating for now is Reed's commentary. I can't wait to listen to it, but first I need to finish transcribing, revising, and rerecording my fan commentary without fear of contamination by what I'm sure will be Reed's much better and more insightful take on things. :)

But now I've got extra incentive to get that done!

I'm curious about (and have emailed Reed to ask about, but haven't as yet gotten any response) why and how they went with the original opening sequence on the movie proper, when TMS refused to give Manga a copy of the movie that contained the original opening. Since TMS was giving them the clean opening anyway, I'd have expected TMS to insist on a localized English-only version of the titles, like the International Version only higher-resolution, with the original opening included as an extra instead.

Not complaining, but quite surprised.