Author Topic: Wikipedia Hates Lupin?!  (Read 2808 times)

hentaifreak

• [Member]
  • One of my secret underground hideouts.
    • Master Thief Club
Wikipedia Hates Lupin?!
« on: February 26, 2008, 04:05:49 am »
Ok, maybe not hates, but I noticed some info that used to be on the lupin wikipedia page missing, after some further investigation found this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:WikiProject_Anime_and_manga/Archive_16#Trivia_and_fancruft_in_Lupin_III

Number 13 there.

That sorta explains why there's no more pop culture section that had listed some of the many series Lupin has refrenced and or been refrenced in. Seriously whats with that?! The entire section, gone! No mention of him being a pop culture icon in japan, or the many things he's influenced

I mean even Army of Darkness has a Pop Culture section but articles like The Day the Earth Stood Still don't even have a mention of the fact that "Klaatu barada nikto." is referenced in the series.

WHY THE HATE?!
Groovy!

Nick Loc

• [Member]
Re: Wikipedia Hates Lupin?!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 06:40:00 pm »
wow i actually have to say thats bullshit !

Lupin really gets 0 credit for things it seems .... it's a shame because so many animes pay homage to Lupin III it is almost impossible to list them all !

someone should fix that ... how would one go about doing that ?
<br />

hentaifreak

• [Member]
  • One of my secret underground hideouts.
    • Master Thief Club
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 07:28:02 pm »
wow i actually have to say thats bullshit !

Lupin really gets 0 credit for things it seems .... it's a shame because so many animes pay homage to Lupin III it is almost impossible to list them all !

someone should fix that ... how would one go about doing that ?
I'm not certain, but it seems that the person who has keeps getting it removed. If Wikipedia doesn't want to accept the fact that Cowboy Bebop's Spike is a homage to Lupin then how are we supposed to even bring up more obscure references?!
Groovy!

Gozar

• Part of the Gang
    • Otaku in a Bottle
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 03:07:59 am »
Wow...Just pathetic...I'm sick and tired of these Wikipedia assholes who don't know shit editing pages.