Author Topic: Project revival: A new forum banner  (Read 8537 times)

EatStatic

• Part of the Gang
Re: Project revival: A new forum banner
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2015, 09:44:58 pm »
I'm just came to ask some questions and noticed the banner is in use! made my day :D

The hardest thing is actually getting consistent pictures from the internet, quality wise and matching them. I'm away from home for quite a while too so can't just screenshot from the series myself.

Do they all match from the same series? or at least look right together. I think Fujiko is out of place though, its the colour tone mostly I think. I might replace her.

I'm going to do a better job of removing the backgrounds of the original pictures too, to keep the line work intact and not jaggy edges.

EDIT: New improved version of the banner plus an extra :P
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 11:52:28 pm by EatStatic »

Red Dear

• Lupin The Third analyst and crazy penciller
  • Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2015, 04:46:18 am »
Your banner has good energy and is simple in design, wich is always a plus.

But since you ask for hindsight and constructive criticism, I think the problem is that,
in the banner that is now used, Jigen and Zenigata come frome series 2 while the rest of the cast comes from series
1. Since your image of Zenigata is a rather specific one, with a dynamic pose that is hard to find in the first tv series,
I suggest you change all the caracters from series 1 to series 2 (meaning Goemon, Lupin).

You already changed your picture of Fujiko for a seires 2 design and I think it fits better.

Your second version is also handling Goemon's tracing better, wich is also an improvement. ;)

Still, i fyou have issues finding pictures, I may be able to help and provide you good quality pictures.

I am still motivated to do my own banner, no to start a competition but for my creative pleasure. ;)
Time to play the game, time to get a chance !

EatStatic

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2015, 06:23:15 am »

I totally agree about them matching. Sprak said he can rotate several, I think it would be really cool to have a banner per series, manga and at least a few films, maybe even a game. Trouble is I'm away from home and super busy, so I might have to call it a day on this one for now, but I'd definitely make more when I'm home in a month or so :D

If anyone wants the font to use to keep consistentcy I can upload it, or vice versa if anyone makes a better one! Personally I've always really liked the Japanese logo/font, so I tried to make it as similar to that as I could.

Really looking forward to seeing what you do too Red Dear ! :)

Red Dear

• Lupin The Third analyst and crazy penciller
  • Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2015, 02:39:32 pm »
It's been a while since we started this little project. ^^

And I apologize for my lack of creation this year. I had one of the busiest
first 7 months of my life !

But I finally finished my banner, ready to be used whenever you like. The present banner
is great work so I won't force it on you. :)

I chose to use the Mine Fujiko To Iu Onna spin-off series design for this one, with high contrast
and solid color. Any feedback is welcome. :D

(click to show/hide)
Time to play the game, time to get a chance !