Author Topic: "Napoleon's Dictionary" DVD Feedback Thread  (Read 2618 times)

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
"Napoleon's Dictionary" DVD Feedback Thread
« on: February 07, 2015, 10:02:05 pm »
I'm generally just putting this as a placeholder, and I haven't gotten to the commentary, but the transfer and extras seem as great as ever.

As for the actual content, other than a subway scene near the end of the film, I'm not really digging this special. Like Hemingway, the supporting characters don't seem that important to the plot. But there, they at least contribute some of their own idiosyncrasies to the flow of the story. Here, they just drag it down. Though, unlike Hemingway, at least they're not walking around in circles for the better part of the 90 minute running time. And Napoleon does have more interesting set-ups, even if lacks the enthusiasm to get to 'em. So I guess it's ok, but could be more exciting. Having seen that one, I'd say From Russia with Love/Bank of Liberty is more fun, but this works on on some levels.

DragonmasterDan

• Part of the Gang
Re: "Napoleon's Dictionary" DVD Feedback Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 11:03:42 pm »
I was hoping it would come in the mail Thursday, Friday or Saturday but still waiting on it. Has anyone else received theirs yet?

Akai Shuichi

• Shottogun
  • Part of the Gang
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 03:25:17 pm »
Mine came in a few days ago, but I have Amazon Prime so that probably is what got it to be so fast. I ordered it on the 28th, but it didn't ship until the 3rd. I think they may have sold out of their first shipment really quick.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 05:34:53 am »
Yeah, this is the one time the commentary track is better than the actual show.

DragonmasterDan

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 03:49:27 pm »
I ordered direct from Discotek a week and a half ago. It arrived today!

JAG2045

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 08:43:08 am »
Got this DVD for christmas and just finished watching it, it was an alright special but it spun its wheels (no pun intended) for some of the story - couldnt Lupin have just stolen the dictionary at the start since thats what he does anyway?

Also I really liked Kido, but did she ever appear again as it would have been nice to see Zenigata get a romantic interest  ;)

The special ends very oddly with Zenigata & Kido leaving Lupin and it looks like the gang die in a fiery explosion - was there a reason for the ending like this?

Looking forward to listening to the commentary on this one soon

ehh123

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2017, 11:51:45 am »
I noticed a huge error in geography. When we see two outside shots of the helicopter shooting into the hotel Lupin and Zenigata are staying at, you can see the Eiffel Tower in the distance, even though they are not in Paris yet!