Author Topic: Discotek acquires Lupin vs. Conan TVSp & Lupin vs. Conan Movie. Out in October.  (Read 10809 times)

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 11:19:44 pm by GATSU »

Akai Shuichi

• Shottogun
  • Part of the Gang
Sweet. I enjoy both of them (with the movie a little more).

penguintruth

• Part of the Gang
Bah! Something that defaces both franchises it touched. After, what, almost two decades of no theatrical Lupin, he gets a movie that's a sequel to a modern TV special. Weak, soft, family-friendly Lupin in a shared universe nobody asked for that actually takes the edge away from the show for six year olds.

I love Lupin. I like Detective Conan. Neither of them deserved this garbage. Koike should have slapped TMS upside the head. Well, he did, and the slap was called Daisuke Jigen's Gravestone.

I wish Discotek had tried to get one of the TV specials from when Lupin still acted somewhat like Lupin, like Alcatraz Connection. None of this pansy-sissy Lupin that should be wearing cardigan sweaters and knitting tea cozies with Ran Mouri in the crossover. Kogoro has more edge than Lupin does in these.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 09:19:39 pm by penguintruth »

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
penguin: TMS could've used my Death Note crossover, but I guess they wanted to keep in the family without having to deal with Madhouse. [They weren't merged with NTV at the time, so...]

penguintruth

• Part of the Gang
I'd rather see, I don't know... Lupin III vs Golgo 13. It's a shame Dezaki isn't around still.

Cameo by Black Jack.  ;D

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
penguin: I thought of that one, too, actually.  ;D

BTW, since these are crossovers, will you be adding any Conan fans for the commentary track this time?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 08:12:47 am by GATSU »

Akai Shuichi

• Shottogun
  • Part of the Gang
I think it basically comes down to that both of these already had subtitled airings at anime festivals, so not much had to be done to get them in an actual boxed release

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
Akai: Allegedly, TMS was rumoured to not want to sell these specials. But I find that hard to believe.

SolHerald

• Part of the Gang
I'd rather see, I don't know... Lupin III vs Golgo 13. It's a shame Dezaki isn't around still.

Cameo by Black Jack.  ;D

^ This would be amazing.
Anyways, the two Lupin v Conan movies aren't very good, but Discotek releasing any Lupin is good enough for me. But I would prefer something like Return the Treasure, or Legend of the Gold of Babylon.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 12:19:37 am by SolHerald »

Akai Shuichi

• Shottogun
  • Part of the Gang
I honestly quite enjoyed both of them, the 2nd one a lot more than the first.

DragonmasterDan

• Part of the Gang
I think it basically comes down to that both of these already had subtitled airings at anime festivals, so not much had to be done to get them in an actual boxed release

Let alone the one on Hulu

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
Yeah, it's been busy for me, but here are the dates and covers.

Edit: Also, @WTK spotted the pre-order links.

DragonmasterDan

• Part of the Gang
Discotek has it up for preorder on their official site as well.

DragonmasterDan

• Part of the Gang
This arrived today.

Akai Shuichi

• Shottogun
  • Part of the Gang
This arrived today.

When you get a chance could you tell what the extras are, if any?