Author Topic: Lupin vs. Conan '09 gets manga tie-in in Shogakukan  (Read 3088 times)

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
Lupin vs. Conan '09 gets manga tie-in in Shogakukan
« on: July 24, 2013, 04:19:24 pm »
Details. Maybe we can pester Viz into publishing it.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 04:21:01 pm by GATSU »

penguintruth

• Part of the Gang
Re: Lupin vs. Conan '09 gets manga tie-in in Shogakukan
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 09:17:41 pm »
Why would I want to read Lupin manga written by anyone other than Monkey Punch?

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 11:28:51 pm »
I guess for the same reason people read Batman and Superman comics not written by the original creators. You want more stories.

penguintruth

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 09:30:10 pm »
Two completely different cases.

blackjacket

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 11:40:11 pm »
It's like Lupin S manga series, where it was under Monkey Punch's supervision, but the story itself was written by another person.

veggie 11

• Part of the Gang
    • My blogs
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2013, 08:55:19 pm »
Sure it's always a pleasure to follow news adventures with our heroes, but all this manga spin-off are not so good as the original one (from Monkey Punch). In my opinion, the best manga series from the last years is Lupin M (and Neo M). Fun, hilarious, good stories, well-developped characters. The drawing will not satisfy everyone because it's more cartoon as the anime series. Lupin S has interesting stories, but is too much similar to the anime so the interest is not very high. Lupin Y has like Lupin S various stories, but too much sexual allusions (more than by Monkey Punch!) with Fujiko that is always naked  and the characters are too similar to the anime. If I liked a little Lupin S drawing (even if it was the same as in Cagliostro except for Lupin), I hated this from Lupin Y, especially for Lupin and Jigen. Lupin H is a disaster (no originality, no humour, no personality, no real stories except what we already saw on DVD or at the television) so I didn't buy the last volume and I don't know if I have any reason to continue it. Captain Zenigata is a good spin-off about Zenigata, but very different from the Lupin stories so I don't think that every fan will appreciate this recent manga.

About Goemon's spin-off, I will waiting on the first volume, but I don't think it will be a masterwork.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 09:02:45 pm by veggie 11 »
But why Miyazaki was so obsessed to draw this horrible fringle to Jigen in EVERY Lupin anime he did?
-----------------------------------------
I decided to strike for the recognition of Jigen, Goemon and Fujiko's sacrifice in The Castle of Cagliostro

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2015, 10:23:34 am »
The tie-in for the '013 one is ending next month.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 10:24:28 am by GATSU »