Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 2759 times)

VampireNaomi

• Part of the Gang
Hello!
« on: May 23, 2015, 12:24:52 pm »
Hi, everyone! These boards seem like a really cool place and I'm happy to see that the franchise has such a devoted fanbase. I figured I'd introduce myself before I dive in to read some of your discussions. I'm a 27-year-old woman from Finland who recently became a big Lupin fan. Though I've been a casual fan of the series since 2010 when I saw my first Lupin (The Mystery of Mamo), I didn't really get into it until a few months ago when I saw The Fuma Conspiracy. Something about it just blew my mind, and I realised I had been a fool not to realise how amazing the franchise is.

I still haven't seen even half of the Lupin stuff out there, but I'm in no hurry. Actually, I like the idea of watching them slowly so that I'll have something to look forward to for years to come. My favourite character is Jigen, but I like all of the others almost as much. I'm really into writing fanfiction and am toying around with some Lupin ideas, but I need to watch some more of the series to feel more confident with the characters. I'll probably make some AMVs as well, but the problem with that is the exhausting amount of material to comb through for clips.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 01:52:24 pm by VampireNaomi »

Akai Shuichi

• Shottogun
  • Part of the Gang
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 12:41:09 pm »
Welcome to the forums. Mystery of Mamo is great introduction to the franchise, I dare to say I enjoy that movie more than Cagliostro. Jigen is my favorite character as well, although I do like seeing Goemon in embarrassing circumstances.

Also on the topic of AMVs, if you ever need any clips I have all of the TV Specials on Blu-Ray and own the 2nd Series' Japanese Box Set so I'd be happy to supply specific clips if you'd be interested.

VampireNaomi

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 12:57:41 pm »
Yeah, Mamo is amazing. What I especially like about it is the tension between the characters and how emotionally intense some scenes in it are.

Thanks for the offer, but I honestly don't know where I'd even start asking. I have all the DVDs that are available in the US and Finland, except for the Geneon discs of the second series, so I think I'm good to go for the time being. The reason the work is so slow is that I'm building up a collection of clips where you can only see Jigen's feet, hands, gun etc. but not his face, so I need to watch everything carefully and grab those short moments. But if I ever need a specific scene that I can't get on my own, I'll let you know.

But wow, you sure have an impressive collection in your hands!

Rhys2753

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2015, 04:20:24 pm »
First off WELCOME ABOARD!!

...although I do like seeing Goemon in embarrassing circumstances...
Ha, this is hilarious since I just(like less than 10 minutes ago) Watched ep. 44 of Series 3 where the gang posed as mannequins to elude pops and Jigen made the comment that Goemon looked good in women's clothes. XD