Author Topic: Discotek acquires Voyage to Danger/Orders to Assassinate Lupin  (Read 14770 times)

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
Details here.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 11:03:05 pm by Reed »

Akai Shuichi

• Shottogun
  • Part of the Gang
Re: Discotek acquires Voyage to Danger/Dark Order of Assassination
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 05:10:14 pm »
My hype level is through the roof.

Rhys2753

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 07:26:40 pm »
Really hoping the other 9 will follow suit as well, excited for remastered video, true titles, and non botched ending credits.

Lupinthe3rd.co.uk

• Part of the Gang
    • Lupinthe3rd.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 07:30:10 pm »
Fantastic! This is a very underrated special, IMO; it's about time it got the Discotek treatment.

penguintruth

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 08:04:52 pm »
I really hope this means further rescues of Funimation-licensed Lupin titles, especially Dead or Alive.

SolHerald

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2015, 08:52:18 pm »
I'm glad they are going through the specials chronologically. I haven't bought any of the funimation one's hoping they would re-release them.

JayAukie

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2015, 08:56:47 pm »
I really hope this means further rescues of Funimation-licensed Lupin titles, especially Dead or Alive.

I think it means that they are going to release all of the Funimation licensed Lupin titles. So this must mean that all of the other Lupin title they acquired must be doing well then.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2015, 09:32:55 pm »
I think Walther should go next, because that's the best of that line-up. But I do like Dead or Alive, too..

MGFanJay

• Part of the Gang
  • Oh yeah...
    • Hardocre Gamer Magzine - free download
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2015, 10:59:20 pm »
This is one of my favorite specials - hopefully the video quality is improved a lot in the remaster and we get a commentary track.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 10:59:48 pm by MGFanJay »

DragonmasterDan

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2015, 11:09:16 pm »
I'd really want to see a copy of Nostradamus in Anamorphic widescreen. The Funimation version is terrible.

VampireNaomi

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2015, 04:13:22 am »
I'm not super excited because I just finished getting all the Funimation discs on eBay and paid more for them than they're really worth. I should have listened to my gut feeling that Discotek might go for them. I also didn't enjoy Voyage to Danger all that much, but I might buy it again if the release is tempting enough and the price is right.

If this means that all the Lupin announcements for the foreseeable future will be re-releases of the Funimation ones, I'm going to be a little disappointed. I haven't seen any of the newer specials, and even though everyone says they suck, I've been hoping that Discotek would get them instead.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 05:04:46 am by VampireNaomi »

penguintruth

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2015, 05:42:08 am »
I'm not super excited because I just finished getting all the Funimation discs on eBay and paid more for them than they're really worth. I should have listened to my gut feeling that Discotek might go for them.

I know that feeling. I remember buying up all the Tenchi Muyo OVA discs (OVA 1 & 2) for way more money than they were worth shortly before Funimation license rescued them. And the original Bubblegum Crisis DVD boxset just before the blue remastered set (counting the recent Blu-Ray release, I've bought it three times).

C'est lavie.

SSJ3_Goku345

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2015, 06:06:15 pm »

Thank goodness...There's someone else on the forums who actually likes it! Now that is an underrated movie...

Haven't seen this, though. And I should, for what I'm reading. Anyway, I'm happy Discotek is releasing more Lupin.

I think Walther should go next, because that's the best of that line-up. But I do like Dead or Alive, too..

Me, three.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 06:07:31 pm by SSJ3_Goku345 »

Akai Shuichi

• Shottogun
  • Part of the Gang
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2015, 06:52:35 pm »
Unfortunately with them going in order we'll have awhile until Walther. I can't wait as FUNi's Walther is one of the worst video transfers.

DragonmasterDan

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2015, 05:15:17 pm »
Unfortunately with them going in order we'll have awhile until Walther. I can't wait as FUNi's Walther is one of the worst video transfers.

Not as bad as Farewell to Nostradamus