Author Topic: Discotek acquires Voyage to Danger/Orders to Assassinate Lupin  (Read 14760 times)

Rhys2753

• Part of the Gang
Re: Discotek acquires Voyage to Danger/Orders to Assassinate Lupin
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2016, 02:22:21 am »
I absolutely LOVE that it's going to be a combo pack as I will buy all formats of Lupin to support and add to my collection, when I buy both formats I also get a 2, or 3, disc BD case so that I can have them all in one. Couple quick questions, will there be a slipcover? And any idea what release window we should expect?

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
    • http://www.lupinthethird.com
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2016, 02:54:50 am »
I don't remember if a release date has been settled upon, but it will include a cardboard slipcover that matches the BD cover sleeve. I don't remember there being an inside art spread for it this time, though.

Anyway, if y'all love the BD combo pack thing for Voyage, definitely show your support by purchasing it! If you all pick up Voyage, I'm confident more Lupin combo packs will make it out there, even if not every Lupin release gets one.
-R. Nelson

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2016, 01:44:20 am »
Amazon listing, for now.

mikezilla2

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2016, 02:50:52 am »
Amazon listing, for now.

umm thats for Alcatraz

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2016, 08:37:22 am »
Sorry, wrong thread.  ;D

Akai Shuichi

• Shottogun
  • Part of the Gang
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2016, 08:29:48 am »
RightStuf has it up: http://www.rightstufanime.com/Lupin-the-3rd-Voyage-to-Danger-Blu-ray-DVD

With a slated release date of 7/26/2016

LoneCynic

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2016, 07:04:28 pm »
I really enjoy Lupin the Third, and love that Discotek continues to offer such high quality releases for this property.  I check this forum and Amazon.com on a bi-monthly basis to make sure I don't miss a single release.  I usually pre-order mine, so that Discotek gets my support right away.  The store I work at gets the Blu-ray releases, so I usually buy those there, and order the DVD only releases.  I will definitely get these two new announced Lupin releases and show my continued support for more.  Reed, the extras you provide on them are awesome, and I really enjoy the time and effort you put into helping Discotek have intelligent and interesting extras to check out.

SurrealBrain

• Part of the Gang
  • Hello there!
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2016, 11:35:05 pm »
Anybody else got this? I got my copy in the mail today.

I'll watch it sometime.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 11:36:09 pm by SurrealBrain »

Thief in a Red Jacket

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2016, 12:16:55 pm »
I recently got this in the mail as well. I really liked this special. Masaaki Ōsumi's Green Jacket episodes are very interesting and are among my favorites, so it was cool to see his return to the series.

I also really liked the character designs in this special (especially Jigen). They were very unique and it would have been cool to see those designs in another special. It's a shame that they were never used again.

Overall, this was a really solid special and another great release from Discotek. Fingers crossed for a Burn, Zantetsuken BD/DVD combo. I'm really looking forward to seeing a more Goemon centric special.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 02:10:30 pm by Thief in a Red Jacket »

Desslok

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2016, 11:45:15 pm »
Boy, really no reason to keep the old disc is there - unless you're really in love with the old Dragonball trailers.

I wish they'd hurry up and announce/release the Red Jacket series. I'd like to dump all those old Geneon discs and really free up some shelf space. Even if Discotek breaks the series into a couple of parts, it's gotta be way more efficient that the 14 discs we currently have.

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
    • http://www.lupinthethird.com
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2016, 02:08:24 am »
I wish they'd hurry up and announce/release the Red Jacket series. I'd like to dump all those old Geneon discs and really free up some shelf space. Even if Discotek breaks the series into a couple of parts, it's gotta be way more efficient that the 14 discs we currently have.

Well, er, the first of four box sets for Series 2 is coming in December.....have a trailer, even!
-R. Nelson

mikezilla2

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2016, 06:39:09 am »
just waiting on those pre order links reed :)

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2016, 07:02:35 am »
If you're gonna dump the Geneon discs, try doing it via the Amazon Trade-In thing.