Author Topic: [Encyclopedia] Old Lupin mailing list archive make-over  (Read 46525 times)

sprak

• Cliff Hanger
    • Lupin III Encyclopedia
[Encyclopedia] Old Lupin mailing list archive make-over
« on: January 23, 2013, 09:09:42 pm »
There might be some of you that remember the old Lupin III mailing list. For those of you who don't, this was how people communicated on the Internet before forum software and web hosting became ubiquitous (cf., Wikipedia: Electronic Mailing List). After the list died out, I eventually crafted an on-line archive for all the e-mails I had saved. It wasn't pretty, but it worked.

Today, I just updated the archive to use more modern web technologies. I've been using this small segment of my site to play with new tech and kick around ideas I have for giving the whole Encyclopedia a refresh. There is one known issue with it; the tooltips for the first few links in the navigation pane get "hidden". Need to sort that out, but the overall page was ready enough to share.

So, go check it out: http://www.lupinencyclopedia.com/ml/
Browse through the history of Lupin fandom circa 1998 - 2002; it's interesting (to me at least; YMMV) to see what the big topics were back then and how far we've come since.