Author Topic: Japanese broadcast of blue jacket Lupin thread  (Read 22410 times)

Akai Shuichi

• Shottogun
  • Part of the Gang
Re: Japanese broadcast of blue jacket Lupin thread
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2015, 09:22:06 AM »
Wouldn't it make much more sense to beat pirates to the punch by releasing it before they do?

Not that any fansub group has stepped in as of yet, but still.

Unless you count the crappy subs of the first 4 episodes when the italian version first aired ;)

Red Dear

• Lupin The Third analyst and crazy penciller
  • Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2015, 12:59:33 PM »
Wouldn't it make much more sense to beat pirates to the punch by releasing it before they do?

Not that any fansub group has stepped in as of yet, but still.

Unless you count the crappy subs of the first 4 episodes when the italian version first aired ;)

Those subs didn't even work on my VLC reader ! All I got were big blue AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

So yeah, let's wait for the subbed japanese episodes. ^^
Time to play the game, time to get a chance !

Aelia

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2015, 01:29:46 PM »
Akai Shuichi:   I try not to. They weren't the worst I have ever seen but it was clear thar they didn't know what they were doing when they typeset it. I don't think their English was that great either.

Red Dear: It worked for me on MPC-HC.

Red Dear

• Lupin The Third analyst and crazy penciller
  • Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2015, 03:02:59 PM »
Akai Shuichi:   I try not to. They weren't the worst I have ever seen but it was clear thar they didn't know what they were doing when they typeset it. I don't think their English was that great either.

Red Dear: It worked for me on MPC-HC.

I confess I didn't know the existence of this software. Thanks, Aelia ! :)

Also: the torrents of the first two episodes of the japanese broadcast are available on nyaa.se

I won't give direct links because I don't know if the forum rules allow it. ^^
Time to play the game, time to get a chance !

SSJ3_Goku345

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2015, 04:01:28 PM »

Not only that. I have strong reasons to believe that the subs are, in fact, translations of the Italian audio/script and not the Japanese one.

Of course, the meaning of both should be practically the same.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2015, 08:26:11 PM »
Aelia: If piracy hurt TMS's bottom line as badly as with other companies, then I'm sure they'd act sooner. But TMS knows Lupin's not big enough here to be concerned about it as much. But again, at least they're more proactive than Toei.

Akai Shuichi

• Shottogun
  • Part of the Gang
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2015, 12:05:43 PM »
http://www.crunchyroll.com/lineup

there are still 4 unannounced simulcast titles to be added still and since they just recently added Part 1 and Part 3, I'd go with them over FUNimation adding it.

VampireNaomi

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2015, 12:25:05 PM »
I'll be incredibly disappointed if the series doesn't get picked up for streaming. I doubt it'd be available in my region, but I just really want Lupin to get some more visibility.

Baloo

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2015, 01:43:25 AM »
Just watched a pirated sub, and I must say it was fantastic! It combined all of the fresh, great parts of Series II with homages to all of the different parts of Lupin we all enjoy. I think this new series opener really hit the nail on the head for me, can't wait to watch more episodes!

sprak

• Cliff Hanger
    • Lupin III Encyclopedia
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2015, 05:32:25 PM »
Also: the torrents of the first two episodes of the japanese broadcast are available on nyaa.se

I won't give direct links because I don't know if the forum rules allow it. ^^

Constructive criticism... Giving a link to a place where you can get the links is equivalent to posting the direct links. Which means you aren't likely thinking too hard about following the spirit of the rules in the first place...

Having said that, here is the actual rule available 24/7 on the forums:
Links to the latest TV broadcast or its fansub are permitted until an official release -- DVD, Blu-ray, streaming site, etc. -- in any country is available.

The DVD / Blu-ray release for Japan is set for December. I haven't heard anything about an Italian release. I don't know if TMS has a streaming service outside of mobile phone networks that would be serving it up. So, for now, you could post links. Once December hits, definitely not; existing threads / posts will vanish.

VenomousJacket

« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2015, 11:23:06 PM »
Episode one ended up being meh to me. It was all style but there were no substance of it's own to keep me excited compare to this jacket's predecessors, which might explain those pointless callbacks from the older shows and noteworthy movies. (don't get me started on the music). Another thing I'd like to point out is, Rebecca is an annoying character and I hate her already. She is nothing more to me but a mary-sue duplicate of fujiko with blond hair, and will probably hold back the full potential of this show if she continues to behave this way. On the plus side of her character, atleast Rebecca isn't a egotistical, melodramatic buzz-killer like Oscar, but that's not saying much because by the end of it all they're both irritating. And lastly, everything else was spent on talking and exposition, too much enough for me to not care anymore. The animation, the intro and the short action is the only credit I can give right now.

Overall, boring episode. 4/10
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 02:51:50 AM by VenomousJacket »

Akai Shuichi

• Shottogun
  • Part of the Gang
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2015, 07:59:07 AM »
After watching the first 2 episodes it really dawned on me how bad Kobayashi sounds...I really think after this series he needs to hang it up.

VenomousJacket

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2015, 03:02:00 PM »
After watching the first 2 episodes it really dawned on me how bad Kobayashi sounds...I really think after this series he needs to hang it up.
We're not sure if he genuinely wants to though. If he did, then he would've joined along with Eiko, Inoue and Goro in retirement when he had the chance after Blood Seal Eternal Mermaid or The Last Job.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 02:59:28 AM by VenomousJacket »

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2015, 11:01:25 PM »
Nothing which applies to most of you. But if you're in Japan and behind on episodes, it's also streaming on Hulu.

mikezilla2

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2015, 05:59:40 AM »
whos translating the rest of these ?