Author Topic: Japanese broadcast of blue jacket Lupin thread  (Read 22410 times)

sprak

• Cliff Hanger
    • Lupin III Encyclopedia
Re: Japanese broadcast of blue jacket Lupin thread
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2015, 12:58:59 PM »
Nothing which applies to most of you. But if you're in Japan and behind on episodes, it's also streaming on Hulu.

I would like to take this as an opportunity to once again flog the forum rule on fansubs, etc. You can view the text before reading on...

So, we now have an official streaming release. That means the only links allowed in the forum now for the series is to fansub scripts.

VenomousJacket

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2015, 12:42:40 AM »
Yeeeah I can't watch this show anymore. After three more gruesomely bad episodes which comprised of a bunch of characters doing virtually nothing but vomit truck loads of pointless exposition that could give my experience with Marco Polo/Another Page (or any other Lupin movies Hajime Kamegaki as touched) a run for it's money, I'm aching to know why Takeshi Koike and the rest of the team who worked on Fujiko or Jigen's Tombstone were removed from helping out.

Red Dear

• Lupin The Third analyst and crazy penciller
  • Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2015, 01:51:40 AM »
I'm too tired for starting a debate, but I respectfully disagree. While not being the creme de la creme of Lupin lore,
this new series is at the very least decent. It's not very original per se, using many used tropes of the franchise, but
it uses them well (again, in my opinion) and uses the modern Italy setting rather intelligently too (corruption, doping,
inheritance, jet set etc). Also, Nyx proves to be an interesting character and a decent adversary.

But that's only my two cents at this and I won't defend my point of view any further.
Time to play the game, time to get a chance !

Akai Shuichi

• Shottogun
  • Part of the Gang
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2015, 09:55:58 AM »
I actually like it a lot. It's a decent change of pace that the whole series is pretty serialized. I liked Mine Fujiko to iu Onna a  good bit too. But this is a nice change of pace from that that I'm enjoying thus far. I'd say give it a bit more time. Nix really only got introduced on Episode 3... so I feel like there's a little bit more buildup to good stuff coming here soon.

VampireNaomi

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2015, 02:43:05 PM »
I've only seen a few episodes, but so far I'm enjoying it a lot. It's fun and keeps me entertained, and that's more or less all that I need from Lupin. The animation and colours look great, and I'm looking forward to getting to watch the series with the Japanese soundtrack instead of the Italian one. I do wish that the series was a bit darker and had more courage to do something new with the characters instead of recycling the same old tropes we've seen a billion times, though. And from what I understand, Rebecca isn't anywhere near as important as she was originally made out to be, which is a waste of potential.

Red Dear

• Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2015, 12:52:42 AM »
The first 4 episodes of the japanese version are already out, full with Yuji Ohno's music. And don't worry, Naomi,
they are a few slightly darker episodes coming along, even though they aren't grim either. And Rebecca will be instrumental
to the first half's resolution. ;)

VampireNaomi

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2015, 03:45:10 AM »
Good to hear! I managed to catch episode 17 in Italian and that was such a silly episode that I was hoping it wasn't a reflection of the series as a whole.

Red Dear

• Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2015, 06:02:04 AM »
Oh they are some silly episodes (though episode 17 takes the cake) but for now, there's
a bit of everything, wich was the announced goal of the series, to explore the many sides of the
Lupin franchise. ^^

MGFanJay

• Part of the Gang
  • Oh yeah...
    • Hardocre Gamer Magzine - free download
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2015, 10:28:39 PM »
Rebecca is such a great addition - she's like a younger, female counterpart to Lupin and I love it.

blackjacket

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2016, 02:47:22 PM »
I am enjoying the whoe the Italian Dream story involving that character who fully appeared in episode 18.

mikezilla2

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2016, 03:27:21 AM »
enjoying it , what episodes am i missing from the JP release ?

blackjacket

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2016, 09:29:22 AM »

Episode 6 titled "Venice of the Dead" is the Blu-ray exclusive episode for Japan, though it apparently broadcast in Italy.
I wonder why they did that. I wonder if the total number of 24 episodes includes that episode or not.
Anyways, hopefully, I also get to watch that episode soon after finishing this TV series.

I also hope to watch the TV special Italian Game with English subtitles, even if it is mostly compilation stuff.

Akai Shuichi

• Shottogun
  • Part of the Gang
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2016, 10:04:10 AM »

Episode 6 titled "Venice of the Dead" is the Blu-ray exclusive episode for Japan, though it apparently broadcast in Italy.
I wonder why they did that. I wonder if the total number of 24 episodes includes that episode or not.
Anyways, hopefully, I also get to watch that episode soon after finishing this TV series.

I also hope to watch the TV special Italian Game with English subtitles, even if it is mostly compilation stuff.

Italian Game is still pretty interesting. It has a lot to do with bloodlines/heritage and it's really cool how they weave episodes 1 and 3 into the story to give them some context to why Lupin was stealing the Crown and Necklace fragment.

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
    • http://www.lupinthethird.com
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2016, 01:47:27 PM »

The series is 26 episodes long in Italy. Italy aired both Japanese-home-video-exclusive episodes (yes, there are two). I'm guessing they just made a deal with VAP to motivate home video sales in the fashion a lot of other anime series are doing (OVAs with the manga! Bonus fanservice episode on the DVD/Blu-rays!). There's also been some chatter on Tumblr about minor animation tweaks for the Japanese broadcast, the most obvious being the more irreverent wine label in the JP version.
-R. Nelson

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2016, 03:55:02 PM »
I just hope those 'bonus' episodes are stand-alones. Anyway, I don't have a wide familiarity with Italian food. So, does anyone know what those 'appetizers' are in episode 18?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 04:00:44 PM by GATSU »