Author Topic: Japanese broadcast of blue jacket Lupin thread  (Read 27226 times)

Rhys2753

• Part of the Gang
Re: Japanese broadcast of blue jacket Lupin thread
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2016, 10:19:58 PM »
Just finished it(saw the 2 DVD episodes in Italian as well) and it was damn near everything I could have hoped for in a new Lupin series, and already I'm hoping, begging, pleading to God almighty, for a Lupin III Part V series of the same caliber to be announced.

Superb.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2016, 10:38:34 PM »
Rhys: Believe me. If TMS could crank these shows out every few years like Sailor Moon or Dragon Ball, they wouldn't have waited three decades for a new one. It's enough of a pain in the ass for them to come up with specials and/or movies on a regular basis. 

Akai Shuichi

• Shottogun
  • Part of the Gang
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2016, 10:39:31 AM »
Well, since this one was really well received, I'm sure they'll do another one.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2016, 07:31:57 AM »
The thing is it takes a lot of planning to do a Lupin series people really like. It's easier to just crank out 90-minute tv movies. So, if they were interested in doing another one, I don't expect TMS to jump on it soon.

Shin Lupin Sansei

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2016, 11:47:46 PM »
Is anyone in Japan actually watching this? I ask with concern because I noticed a post over on Lupin Central with the airtime as 2:00am!!!! I remember Fujiko was latenight also but not this late! heck this is even more obscure than when MTV ran Aeon Flux at somthing like 11:00 or Midnight. Is their posting incorrect? If not I can't imagine the ratings will ever warrant a 2nd Season if this is when it airs...

Red Dear

• Lupin The Third analyst and crazy penciller
  • Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2016, 01:38:58 PM »
It's been said the new TV series was welle received in Japan (as well as in Italy last summer at a similar time slot) so maybe it's a cultural thing ? So I think your assumption might be incorrect. And as for a second season, I don't know, good rating or not. I mean, the San Marino storyline is closed. But maybe this japanese/italian collaboration might pave the way for more international contracts and we could see Lupin go to different countries and settings ? The future is still a mystery for now. ^^
Time to play the game, time to get a chance !

blackjacket

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2016, 08:44:04 PM »
I enjoyed the show. I kinda liked how Lupin and the gang disappeared and left Italy.
Will we ever get to see Rebecca again? Maybe not.
Anyways, now I hope I can get to watch those 2 Blu-Ray only in Japan episodes, sooner than later.

I assume the end of the Blue Jacket series is the end of any Lupin III anime stuff for 2016.

Akai Shuichi

• Shottogun
  • Part of the Gang
« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2016, 09:13:45 PM »
I enjoyed the show. I kinda liked how Lupin and the gang disappeared and left Italy.
Will we ever get to see Rebecca again? Maybe not.
Anyways, now I hope I can get to watch those 2 Blu-Ray only in Japan episodes, sooner than later.

I assume the end of the Blue Jacket series is the end of any Lupin III anime stuff for 2016.

There is maybe a possibility of a 2016 TV Special near the end of the year, if were lucky.

blackjacket

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2016, 09:06:24 PM »

There is maybe a possibility of a 2016 TV Special near the end of the year, if were lucky.

That would be cool, but I just thought that Italian Game special might essentially be the 2016 TV special.
Maybe not.

Akai Shuichi

• Shottogun
  • Part of the Gang
« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2016, 07:10:52 PM »
Both OVAs are now up on crunchyroll as Episodes 25 and 26.

blackjacket

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2016, 09:36:29 PM »
Both OVAs are now up on crunchyroll as Episodes 25 and 26.

Thank you! I have finally watched the missing episodes, completed the TV series.
Now I am waiting for the Italian Game special...

KoichiZenigata

• Part of the Gang
  • Stealing Japan for a Year
    • Lupin has a podcast
« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2016, 01:26:02 PM »
Hey all, not sure if theres a post on this but does anyone know of a way to access the new Lupin III music releases of the soundtrack for this show??
Or any new Yuji Ohno music? I'm having a hard time trying to buy it or download or anything!

- KoichiZenigata

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2016, 05:25:01 AM »
Try CD Japan.

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
    • http://www.lupinthethird.com
« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2016, 04:32:00 PM »
Hey all, not sure if theres a post on this but does anyone know of a way to access the new Lupin III music releases of the soundtrack for this show??
Or any new Yuji Ohno music? I'm having a hard time trying to buy it or download or anything!

- KoichiZenigata

Holy cow, Samantha's alive!

EDIT: And she vanished as abruptly as she appeared!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 11:10:33 PM by Reed »
-R. Nelson

KoichiZenigata

• Part of the Gang
  • Stealing Japan for a Year
    • Lupin has a podcast
« Reply #74 on: July 06, 2016, 12:17:50 PM »
Hey all, just in the process of watching the new Blue Jacket Series!! College has kept me pretty busy lately....