Author Topic: Lupin the Third Part IV coming to Crunchyroll, starts Jan 2016, many countries  (Read 3666 times)

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
    • http://www.lupinthethird.com
No news on a home video release as of yet.

Crunchyroll is kicking off its winter 2016 anime plans with LUPIN THE 3rd PART4. The episodes that have already aired will be available when the simulcast kicks off on January 7 at 11:30am Pacific Time.

LUPIN THE 3rd PART4 will be available to Crunchyroll members in the United States, Canada, Central and South America, the United Kingdom, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia, Scandinavia, and the Netherlands.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 06:40:06 PM by Reed »
-R. Nelson

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
For N. America, I doubt Discotek's going to pick it up, soon, when they're still working on Red Jacket. Sentai or FUNi's more likely to get it this time. I'm sure Madman will probably say something soon, though.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 06:58:44 PM by GATSU »

Akai Shuichi

• Shottogun
  • Part of the Gang
Very exciting news. I do hope they can somehow manage to get the TV special that's airing and a home video release is a necessity considering 2 episodes are retail-only

VampireNaomi

• Part of the Gang
Wow, I honestly did not expect it to be available in so many countries since the first three parts are US & Canada only. I still can't quite believe that I'll soon have a legal way to watch this series. I hope it'll get a home video release at some point as well, but there have been so many good Lupin news recently that I don't dare ask for more.

Akai Shuichi

• Shottogun
  • Part of the Gang
Well I wouldn't mind as much but the 2 BD/DVD exclusive episodes... The second one which is episode 23 I believe sets up the final 3 episodes of the series to my understanding

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
    • http://www.lupinthethird.com
Akai: Your comment prompted me to inquire about this, and CR has gotten streaming rights to OVA episodes of recent series before (Locoldol and Wagnaria!!!/Working!!!), so it's not outside the realm of possibility.
https://twitter.com/MilesExpress999/status/681641898210144257
-R. Nelson

Akai Shuichi

• Shottogun
  • Part of the Gang
That is slightly reassuring. I think us eve getting this simulcssted is a miracle so I believe anything can happen now.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
Now that I think about it, I was wondering if we'd get the Italian dub, too. I asked CR, but I have a feeling it could be an exclusive over there.

Akai Shuichi

• Shottogun
  • Part of the Gang
Well, I know for a fact it's not on the BDs at least.

Fujiko Lover

• Part of the Gang
    • Not A Hoax! Not A Dream! (my blog)
Well this is exciting. I'd given up trying to watch the show through unofficial channels.

I note it says it's for "members". I have an old Crunchyroll account, though I've barely used it. Do you need a pay account for this sort of thing, or will any account do?

SolHerald

• Part of the Gang
Well this is exciting. I'd given up trying to watch the show through unofficial channels.

I note it says it's for "members". I have an old Crunchyroll account, though I've barely used it. Do you need a pay account for this sort of thing, or will any account do?
From what I've seen, when they simulcast a show, free members have to wait a week before watching the episode, but since they are going to upload all the prior episodes at once, they will probably make free members wait a few days, maybe a week before watching them.

Also I'm pretty sure you can watch without making an account.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 11:55:17 PM by SolHerald »

Fujiko Lover

• Part of the Gang
    • Not A Hoax! Not A Dream! (my blog)
Okay, I can handle a short wait like that. Thanks for the response!

SolHerald

• Part of the Gang
We are live folks; 13 episodes are free, today's episode needs a premium account.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 02:41:09 PM by SolHerald »

Akai Shuichi

• Shottogun
  • Part of the Gang
And to top it all off, the editing seems to be pretty decent on these.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
Here's the placeholder page for anyone else to lazy to look. No Italian dub, I presume, though, right?