Author Topic: Geneon/Pioneer cast to dub Blue Jacket series  (Read 1756 times)

DDDINC

• Part of the Gang
Is it wrong to steal Lupin merchandise or just hilariously ironic??

JAG2045

• Part of the Gang
Re: Geneon/Pioneer cast to dub Blue Jacket series
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 06:52:40 AM »
I'll leave this right here... http://lupincentral.tumblr.com/post/137281937768/the-blue-jacket-series-is-to-receive-an-english

very cool news :) I wonder if discotek will release this on DVD/blu ray or does funimation still own the rights for "new" lupin releases?

If Epcar & the others are dubbing this hopefully they might be able to come back & finish dubbing the red jacket series for discotek's upcoming releases  ;D

ultimateemail5000

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 08:51:18 PM »
Wow that is awesome news. I haven't seen this series yet and it looks fun. Sad to hear that my favorite Zenigata won't be back, but that's life.

Lupin46

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 05:10:54 PM »
It is interesting that the series is getting a dub before any announcement of a home video release here in the US. Are there any sources for who is funding the dub? Typically the publisher with home video rights also handles the dub, but since it's currently only available streaming on Crunchyroll maybe they are paying for it? Does anyone know if there are a lot of other titles that are streaming-only that are also getting dubs? Regardless, I'm looking forward to the old cast getting back together and hope we will hear about a blu ray release sometime in the future!