Poll

Which DVD cover should I have Toshio Furukawa sign?

Urusei Yatsura DVD cover
2 (33.3%)
AnimEigo Fuma DVD cover
0 (0%)
Discotek Fuma DVD cover
3 (50%)
Japanese Fuma DVD cover
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Toshio Furukawa coming to Anime Boston 2016!!!11!!!!  (Read 2763 times)

sprak

• Cliff Hanger
    • Lupin III Encyclopedia
Toshio Furukawa coming to Anime Boston 2016!!!11!!!!
« on: March 05, 2016, 07:47:03 pm »
If the name is unfamiliar, he voiced Lupin once in the Fuma Conspiracy. He is also known for voicing Moroboshi Ataru in Urusei Yatsura. Now that the AB autograph policy is one item per guest, I have a rough decision... Do I have him sign my UY DVD cover? My AnimEigo Fuma DVD cover? My Discotek Fuma DVD cover? My Japanese Fuma DVD cover from the theatrical DVD Limited box? Let's see what the community has to say on the matter!

Hoping the line goes quickly for the possibility to double-dip... or more!

SolHerald

• Part of the Gang
Re: Toshio Furukawa coming to Anime Boston 2016!!!11!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 09:20:44 pm »
Pretty big voice actor, he also voiced Shin from Hokuto no Ken, Piccolo from DBZ, and Ace from One Piece.

Well for your question which one do you enjoy the most? Or...
Better yet, which one is the most rare/expensive? If it were signed, it would probably be worth even more.  ;D
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 09:25:03 pm by SolHerald »

sprak

• Cliff Hanger
    • Lupin III Encyclopedia
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2016, 10:11:37 pm »
Pretty big voice actor, he also voiced Shin from Hokuto no Ken, Piccolo from DBZ, and Ace from One Piece.

Better yet, which one is the most rare/expensive? If it were signed, it would probably be worth even more.  ;D

The AnimEigo ones might the most "rare" but not to the point of being worth much monetarily. Given the one item rule, I'd say I would go with my UY DVD cover. The rub there is if I have him sign the Moroboshi image one (vol. 2) or vol. 1 that I have previously signed by UY director Nishimura Junji (AB 2007). I'll probably go with vol. 2 to match the man and his character, and then see if I can double-dip for a Fuma signing.

SolHerald

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2016, 04:11:18 am »
The AnimEigo ones might the most "rare" but not to the point of being worth much monetarily. Given the one item rule, I'd say I would go with my UY DVD cover. The rub there is if I have him sign the Moroboshi image one (vol. 2) or vol. 1 that I have previously signed by UY director Nishimura Junji (AB 2007). I'll probably go with vol. 2 to match the man and his character, and then see if I can double-dip for a Fuma signing.

Sounds like you have a good thing going with getting your Urusei Yatsura stuff signed. I think having him sign vol. 2 is a good idea. Now if you can double dip which Fuma would you chose? I would go with either the Japanese/Discotek.

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
    • http://www.lupinthethird.com
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 11:43:22 am »

Reportedly presenting the Fuma stuff gets a more interesting reaction out of him. The Urusei Yatsura stuff is probably what he sees all the time.

As for value, the Discotek one is OOP and now lists (dunno about sells) for a good deal more than the AnimEigo version does even now. Go figure.
-R. Nelson

blackjacket

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2016, 08:44:05 am »
I know him mostly as Kai Shiden from Mobile Suit Gundam shows set in Universal Century timeline, and most memorably Ace from One Piece and Shinohara Asuma from Mobile Police Patlabor franchise. Personally, I think Asuma is his best role.