Author Topic: Discotek rescues Walther/Island of Assassins and picks up OP:Return the Treasure  (Read 6655 times)

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
Details here.

Edit: Oh, and yes, Walther will probably have the FUNi dub, if you like that sort of thing.  ;)

Edit 2: I already said this on Twitter, but if you liked Jigen's Gravestone, then you'll love Walther/Island of Assassins.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 02:09:49 am by GATSU »

SurrealBrain

• Part of the Gang
  • Hello there!
I was debating whether or not to get Island of Assassins now or later. Well, now I know to wait.

Good to know we're still getting new specials as well.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
Reed just Tweeted that he mixed them up, and Walther's out next year, while Treasure's out sometime before the end of '016.

SolHerald

• Part of the Gang
Both quite good, I enjoy how they are releasing from both the '90s and '00s. Along with Part II they're releasing faster than I can buy. XP

On a unrelated note, can't wait for Arcadia of My Youth. Discotek does not disappoint.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 04:02:11 am by SolHerald »

VampireNaomi

• Part of the Gang
Very happy about Return the Treasure as it's a special I've wanted to see for a long time. Island of Assassins is among my favourites, so can't really complain, but I would have liked Dragon of Doom instead.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 04:17:40 am by VampireNaomi »

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
Reed just linked the Otakon trailer cut by @Jose_CNN.

blackjacket

• Part of the Gang
Wow, the footage of Island of Assassins(one of my personal favorite Lupin III features ever) in the Otacon trailer is already much better quality than my old Funimation DVD of the TV special.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 11:07:02 pm by blackjacket »

Psycho_Kenshin

• Part of the Gang
  • Fujiko is super hot, Lupin is uber cool
    • My profile on MyAnimeList.net (including Lupin reviews!)
I love that Discotek is resuing these, but the prices aren't great. Granted, I'm sure the licensing deal influenced that. Back when Funimation was releasing them I'd get them off the shelf at best buy for lower prices than these go for on amazon etc. $25 for Alcatraz, an old made-for-TV anime movie? Thats the same price as a new blu-ray season of a brand new TV series, Ash vs Evil Dead for example.

The prices are awful, but I guess maybe it's a niche thing for fans such as ourselves.

I see they're also releasing one of my favorite movies, Arcadia of My Youth on blu-ray. Hopefully it's not $1000 dollars, I'd like to grab that.  :P
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 11:10:39 pm by Psycho_Kenshin »

mikezilla2

• Part of the Gang
there is currently a discotek sale running on right stuf i think ......

Psycho_Kenshin

• Part of the Gang
  • Fujiko is super hot, Lupin is uber cool
    • My profile on MyAnimeList.net (including Lupin reviews!)
there is currently a discotek sale running on right stuf i think ......

Thanks, that's cool. So $18.71, though with shipping it may not be much less than Amazon Prime. Still, thanks.

edit from a month later: ooh its 17.99 on Amazon Prime now folks
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 03:26:40 am by Psycho_Kenshin »

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
Via Kitty Sparkes and @ashuraou, diamonds are a Lupin's best friend. Er, I mean, potential Treasure back cover. Go here, if that link ain't working.

VampireNaomi

• Part of the Gang
Is there a bigger version of that Return the Treasure image that's in the article? I really like Jigen and Goemon having their arms around each other like that.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
Right Stuf link for 'Treasure is now up.

SurrealBrain

• Part of the Gang
  • Hello there!
Got Return the Treasure in the mail. Will watch it later when I'm home.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 10:01:07 pm by SurrealBrain »

mikezilla2

• Part of the Gang
there a com track for this ?