Author Topic: Goemon gets the dark and gritty treatment in Jigen's Gravestone sequel.  (Read 42727 times)

blackjacket

• Part of the Gang
Re: Goemon gets the dark and gritty treatment in Jigen's Gravestone sequel.
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2016, 09:02:53 am »
Oh, I just found about this news! Awesome! I also like this "theme" song in this movie version. :)

JAG2045

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2016, 04:14:21 pm »
Good news, I'm waiting for my copy of "Jigen's Gravestone" to arrive from rightstuf so cant wait to watch that then this one :-)

Psycho_Kenshin

• Part of the Gang
  • Fujiko is super hot, Lupin is uber cool
    • My profile on MyAnimeList.net (including Lupin reviews!)
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2016, 10:38:02 pm »
Very cool news! I'm enjoying this Renaissance of "more Lupin stuff than we usually get" the past few years.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2016, 07:04:55 am »
Shin: He kills people in Fuma who kidnapped his girl and are threatening to hurt her. And while he does take hit-jobs, he rarely finishes them out of conscience.

Red Dear

• Lupin The Third analyst and crazy penciller
  • Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2016, 11:46:21 am »
Goemon's oath regarding human lives is a rather recent occurence. He is not very cold-blooded but he did kill numerous people throughout his existence as a character.

I think the oath you speak off referes more to people he clearly sees as innocent or at least not total bad guys. Let's remember he didn't have any problem destroying those planes during the Havana episode in Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna.

If the PV teaser is anything to go by, he is fighting numerous ill-intended gangsters. But it's too little to judge.
Time to play the game, time to get a chance !

DrFurball

• Just Stupidly Unfunny Enough
  • Part of the Gang
  • The hero of today, yeah!
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2016, 01:52:20 pm »
I think my favorite shot of the whole thing is Lupin, hands in pockets, with a calm smile on his face, dropping from a rope and landing on a bad guy's face, feet-first.
It's such a perfect Lupin moment. Both the Fujiko TV series and Jigen's Gravestone wrote a nearly-perfect version of Lupin, with a right mix of silly/cool. So, I'm glad that this one looks like it'll be continuing that.

Goemon's oath regarding human lives is a rather recent occurence. He is not very cold-blooded but he did kill numerous people throughout his existence as a character.

I think the oath you speak off referes more to people he clearly sees as innocent or at least not total bad guys. Let's remember he didn't have any problem destroying those planes during the Havana episode in Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna.

If the PV teaser is anything to go by, he is fighting numerous ill-intended gangsters. But it's too little to judge.
Not to mention that, before meeting Lupin, he was explicitly working as an assassin, as shown in TWCFM, his first appearance in Part I (in fact, the conflict of the episode is that he's been assigned to kill Lupin III), and I think his episode of Part IV.

Assuming this is a prequel like TWCFM and Jigen's Gravestone, it's likely set during the time that he was being paid to kill people. So, if he does have a no-kill policy, then it is, like Red Dear said, likely a recent invention (after all, I've always felt he deems objects as being "unworthy" because his blade was designed for combat with actual humans, not for armor/clothing/floors/walls/ect.)

I also like this "theme" song in this movie version. :)
Me too. I think the trailer is the first time we've heard it without sound effects/voices covering up most of it. I keep watching the trailer just to listen to the song.

Also, I didn't realize this myself, but according to this Italian fanpage on Facebook, it looks like Lupin's going green again. Honestly, I was kinda hoping for blue again, or maybe something new, like orange or purple or white or something (then again, with Koiike's oddly sinister-looking-but-still-really-cool pachinko designs, and the look of TWCFM, maybe he just prefers Lupin in green?)
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Weird in a Can! (Updates weekdays)

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2016, 07:57:22 pm »
Nothing new or important to add, but via @telecom_anime and @cinematoday, video of Namikawa at the announcement for the anime.

Thief in a Red Jacket

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2016, 06:59:22 am »
A few little pieces of concept art from James Shimoji's Twitter account.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JamesShimoji/status/776640979986030593

Looks like Lupin's sporting the half-tuck.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 07:00:27 am by Thief in a Red Jacket »

blackjacket

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2016, 09:55:48 am »
BTW, what is Lupin saying to Goemon in the teaser trailer?

SSJ3_Goku345

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2016, 08:10:56 pm »
This is good news, the last one was pretty good. If only it ran longer... And I'd find nice to see Goemon as a foe to Lupin again, even if it's for little time.

The theme song, if my ears don't hear wrong, is a new version of a theme that appeared in Jigen's Gravestone, during the very last scene. Indeed, it's called "Theme from Lupin the Third 2014". Heck, it was already used in Jigen's Gravestone trailers, didn't remember. You can hear the full version here. So I guess the new one is the "2016 version".

Can't wait to Zenigata's movie, too!

DrFurball

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2016, 11:34:59 pm »
Blame it on lifelong hearing loss, but I really can't tell any difference between the two versions of the theme.

SurrealBrain

• Part of the Gang
  • Hello there!
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2016, 04:48:50 am »
That sucks, DrFurball. Dunno what I can say to help, but I hope you've been getting though it.

That song is an awesome piece regardless, though.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 04:49:48 am by SurrealBrain »

SSJ3_Goku345

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2016, 05:35:13 pm »
Blame it on lifelong hearing loss, but I really can't tell any difference between the two versions of the theme.

I think the arrangement is different, there are more instruments in this one. And the vocal part... the chorus doesn't sound the same for me. But that's minimal.

Of course, it could be that I'm the one losing his hearing  ;D

SolHerald

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2016, 07:30:16 pm »
They probably edited it a bit, but other than that it sounds the same, at least for me as well. I don't think the chorus part is different either, it sounds the same as the last 30 seconds of the full version from Jigen's Gravestone.

DrFurball

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2016, 01:15:54 pm »
That sucks, DrFurball. Dunno what I can say to help, but I hope you've been getting though it.
I appreciate the sympathy, man. But I was just wondering what the difference was between the two tracks was and was explaining why I might not be able to pick up on any.

I think the arrangement is different, there are more instruments in this one. And the vocal part... the chorus doesn't sound the same for me. But that's minimal.
Ah, okay.

They probably edited it a bit, but other than that it sounds the same, at least for me as well. I don't think the chorus part is different either, it sounds the same as the last 30 seconds of the full version from Jigen's Gravestone.
Yeah, that's where I'm at, too.

Either way, I really dig this theme. Not as much as Yuji Ohno's classic melody, but I prefer it over "Sexy Adventure" (which I still really like), and all the Part I themes.