Author Topic: Goemon gets the dark and gritty treatment in Jigen's Gravestone sequel.  (Read 42728 times)

Lupus Zeniga

• Part of the Gang
Re: Goemon gets the dark and gritty treatment in Jigen's Gravestone sequel.
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2016, 05:01:22 am »
Has anyone made screencaps of that trailer yet?

Red Dear

• Lupin The Third analyst and crazy penciller
  • Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2016, 04:05:48 pm »
I think you can find some on Tumblr or the Lupin Maniac fanpage. ^^
Time to play the game, time to get a chance !

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2016, 03:31:28 pm »
Here come the men in black::)

SSJ3_Goku345

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2016, 11:11:44 am »
Cool! Another fan-favorite jacket is coming to play... And jeez, I love those designs!!

I wonder what the length of the movie will be. I just hope they don't use the episode estructure again. It's kind offsetting  :(

Thought if it's true that, like I read once, Jigen's Gravestone was being developed as an OVA first, maybe it does not happen...

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2016, 03:24:05 am »
New trailer and poster. >_<

Edit: BTW, really terrible Google 'translation' of the premise:
A trailer of "LUPIN THE IIIRD blood smoke Ishikawa Goemon" (released February 4, 2017) which depicts youthful days of Ishikawa Goemon of "Lupine the Third" is made public and it is an employer of Goemon A part of the story about the death of the group leader was revealed.

【Video】 Bureida of young days is bloody! "LUPIN THE IIIRD blood smoke Ishikawa Goemon" trailer

This work which becomes the second volume of "LUPIN THE IIIRD" series animated with "Lupine the 3rd" of the original monkey · punch with adult touch. Lupine I am hiding to take away money from a gaming boat going off Izu. The ship was on board a team chairman of the Ryuunrukai who was the employer of Goemon. Meanwhile, the ship was blown up and the group leader died. The surviving Goemon is punished by the funeral and accused of the sins who did not save the chairman from the group members, and can make a stigma of the traitor.

It was called "ghost of Bermuda" that killed the group chief, and a soldier who robbed 2,000 people in the battlefield beforehand and the codename "Hawk". His purpose was the execution of Lupine the 3rd, Daisuke Dimension, Fujiko Mine. In the trailer, the appearance of a big guy who is an ax 's giant Hawk and a wounded five gates appears. In the form of gleeing off the men with a slash of men, "Do not be afraid of me.

How does Seiken take the enemy of the chief and save his colleagues ...? Bloody images are scattered and it is a trailer that encourages expectations even this. (Editorial Department, Yuriko Ishii)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 03:53:23 am by GATSU »

Red Dear

• Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2016, 05:36:10 am »
Ah this trailer sells dreams ! :D

I like the fact that the villain seem to be both brutish and suave, and the metal teeth are nich little Bond-esque nod. ^^

As I thought, the movie will feature extensive sword fight scenes and Goemon, in those few shots, really shines even when badly wounded.

Bonus points for short-haired Fujiko, I was waiting so long for that !

To answer Goku345, I suspect the movie will have roughly the same length as the Jigen one, in order to maintain some uniformity in the structure.
However, as you said, the Jigen spin-off wasn't meant to be a full-lenght movie at first, so I guess they might drop the two episodes format. Or not, it really
depends on what feeling they want to convey.

What I hope for is another brief appearance of Mamo, like in the previous movie. I really want the "Koike-verse" to reach a climactic moment when all cast members
unite to defeat him, à la Avengers. ^^

Only time will tell. ^^

To conclude, another thing I like about Koike's approach is that he isn't afraid to mess with the cast's usual clothing standards. They all roughly wear their trademarks but in different
tones, sometimes in looser fashion (Jigen doesn't have a tie in many shots and Lupin seems to be jacket-less for a good part of the movie when he is not in blakc jacket). Those small
touches really make this version his own, and I appreciate that. ^^

SSJ3_Goku345

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2016, 10:20:38 am »
^^^
What he said ;)

I think they're giving both Jigen and Lupin their Jigen's Gravestone attires, aside Lupin's black jacket (which I assume will appear only during the gaming boat sequence). And yes, Fujiko looks great with that haircut/wig!

The trailer looks really spectacular, and Koike's poster (more in tone with his usual drawing style) looks very good, too. I agree with Red Dear that following both the length and the episodic structure would be logical and coherent for this film saga; also helping to save money and make better animation. Which brings me to question... do you believe there will be a third spin-off movie about Zenigata?

Red Dear

• Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2016, 11:09:17 am »
I do believe there will be more movies of that sort. They can't stop with just two ! Plus, they have quite some time between movies and certainly another Lupin project of a different tone in-between (like Part IV).

Plus, as I suggested, I think Mamo's appearance at the end of "Gravestone" is not a mere cameo but will play
some part in an overarching story. At least, that's what I hope. ^^

Or maybe it's just a possible "prequel" to the movie Mystery of Mamo but I don't know. The "Koike-verse" is pretty ambiguous when it comes to place it in a canon.

SolHerald

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2016, 05:17:50 pm »
Awesome trailer, can't wait to see it. I liked the Jigen's Gravestone style, but I'm glad they changed it a bit, keeps it fresh. Also took me a while to figure out the woman with short hair was Fujiko. XP
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 05:18:59 pm by SolHerald »

SSJ3_Goku345

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2016, 06:29:59 pm »
I do believe there will be more movies of that sort. They can't stop with just two ! Plus, they have quite some time between movies and certainly another Lupin project of a different tone in-between (like Part IV).

Plus, as I suggested, I think Mamo's appearance at the end of "Gravestone" is not a mere cameo but will play
some part in an overarching story. At least, that's what I hope. ^^

Or maybe it's just a possible "prequel" to the movie Mystery of Mamo but I don't know. The "Koike-verse" is pretty ambiguous when it comes to place it in a canon.

It would be really cool to see Mamo star a movie again! Or maybe, like you said, it's just an easter egg.

And, no kidding, I wouldn't discard the idea that Part IV happens in some place after this movies. Lupin is supposed to be young in both takes, and the jacket... In any case, it's clear that they are given them different treatments when it comes to official statements, they come separately.

Also took me a while to figure out the woman with short hair was Fujiko. XP
Heh, she changes her look so much you can never tell!

DrFurball

• Just Stupidly Unfunny Enough
  • Part of the Gang
  • The hero of today, yeah!
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2016, 09:46:25 pm »
It seems pretty definite to me. TWCFM to Jigen's Gravestone to this movie to Green Jacket to Red Jacket to Mamo...it seems like they're careful to make sure these prequels don't contradict the older stuff (like Jigen and Goemon seeing each other as giant owls when they first met so they don't recognize each other in episode 5 of Part I, or how that same Part I episode has Goemon thinking that Fujiko's his girlfriend, and episode 3 of TWCFM ends with him wondering if they're a couple now).

I know the rest of the franchise plays fast and loose with any semblance of continuity, but the stuff Koike's worked on seems to be trying to make an actual canon happen. I, for one, feel that it's worked out pretty well so far.

(Of course, if this movie has Goemon and Lupin meet for the first time, then I'll have to develop a taste for crow. But we'll see.)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 09:48:08 pm by DrFurball »
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Weird in a Can! (Updates weekdays)

SurrealBrain

• Part of the Gang
  • Hello there!
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2016, 10:30:48 pm »
It might be trying to have a canon even then; just something that's its own canon rather than...whatever canon the non-Koike stuff might have. Though that's assuming Lupin and Goemon truly meet here.

Though one can argue that TWCFM and Jigen's Gravestone can still work as prequels to the existing stuff even then, and just say after Jigen's Gravestone it diverges into two or more timelines, one being this film, and the other being the stuff we've seen already. Hey, it worked for other franchises, so why not?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 10:31:46 pm by SurrealBrain »

VampireNaomi

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2016, 02:59:01 am »
I'm going to be a little disappointed if Goemon doesn't meet Lupin in this one. If they want to stay faithful to old canon, that's the logical step to take, but I feel it's going to take some oomph from the story if their paths never cross, or if Lupin is just watching Goemon the whole time. The teaser has a clip where Lupin, Jigen and Fujiko are watching behind a tree as Goemon staggers away, and I'm going to feel cheated if they're that close and won't say a word to him. Though I suppose it'd be a good way to build a bridge between this and ep 5 of Green Jacket if Lupin becomes aware of Goemon's existence here.

Anyway, I'm super excited about this, too! Jigen's Gravestone didn't hold up after a rewatch, but this one seems like it has more substance.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 03:01:21 am by VampireNaomi »

Red Dear

• Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2016, 04:09:49 pm »
The teaser already shows Lupin and Goemon meet.

Parts of "Jigen's Gravestone" are already contradictory (Jigen and Lupin's partnership is only professional at the beginning but the year is 1973).

I consider the "Koike-Verse" to be on its own bubble but I think we'll get more conclusive answers when the Goemon movie indeed comes out. ^^

Lupus Zeniga

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2016, 09:08:21 am »
That new trailer was pretty spectacular. That was a cool new poster too.