Author Topic: Zenigata does the live-action Tick thing.  (Read 4861 times)

VampireNaomi

• Part of the Gang
Re: Zenigata does the live-action Tick thing.
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2017, 03:28:53 PM »
I bought the soundtrack for this series, and it's pretty enjoyable and makes me way more eager to see the show than I ever expected. There's a track with some western influence that makes me wonder how an alternative universe story taking place in the wild west would go with the Lupin characters. Something like Gun Frontier for Harlock.

mikezilla2

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2017, 04:20:56 PM »
is the Show any good ?

Red Dear

• Lupin The Third analyst and crazy penciller
  • Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2017, 06:53:01 PM »
By God it is ! Well I've only watched one episode but the pilot was good enough for me to give a recomendation.
I know many fans think the lead actor is too young for playing Zenigata but that's really not an important feature. He has
all the maneurisms and attitudes down to near-perfection. The plots and crime cases are not ground-breaking but pretty
solid for a relatively cheap live-action series. The actors are good and you even have Yamadera Koichi (the current voice of Zenigata)
as a guest-star. Seriously, give it a shot.
Time to play the game, time to get a chance !

Thief in a Red Jacket

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2017, 08:29:53 PM »
By God it is ! Well I've only watched one episode but the pilot was good enough for me to give a recomendation.

I also have only seen the pilot, but I will recommend it as well. I was initially quite skeptical, however the first episode won me over. I like the actor who portrays Zenigata quite a bit. While I can see why some would say he's too young, I think his performance overshadows that. He absolutely nails it at Tottsan IMO. The overall tone of the show is what I was hoping for as well, it strikes a good balance between serious and cartoonish. I was also very happy to hear Yuji Ohno's Zenigata March during the episode's opening titles.

The actors are good and you even have Yamadera Koichi (the current voice of Zenigata)
as a guest-star.

Not to mention Kanichi Kurita as the opening sequence narrator!  ;)

Lupus Zeniga

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2017, 07:02:21 AM »
I also have only seen the pilot, but I will recommend it as well. I was initially quite skeptical, however the first episode won me over. I like the actor who portrays Zenigata quite a bit. While I can see why some would say he's too young, I think his performance overshadows that. He absolutely nails it at Tottsan IMO. The overall tone of the show is what I was hoping for as well, it strikes a good balance between serious and cartoonish. I was also very happy to hear Yuji Ohno's Zenigata March during the episode's opening titles.

Not to mention Kanichi Kurita as the opening sequence narrator!  ;)
They got the current Lupin and Zenigata voices in this? I love casting gags like that!

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2017, 11:40:57 AM »
Here's the listing for the Blu-Ray, if you don't mind importing.