Author Topic: Blue Jacket Lupin gets licensed by Discotek, *will* get dubbed.  (Read 3727 times)

Rhys2753

• Part of the Gang
Re: Blue Jacket Lupin gets licensed by Discotek, *will* get dubbed.
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2016, 08:11:38 PM »
Considering Nyx's hair are greyish and his face is slightly wrinkly and that he has three daughters
of varying age and a wife who's clearly passed her 30's, I think he should be around 40 to 50.

And voice-actors are rarely the same age as their roles. Still, I do hope Nyx will get a fitting voice, preferably
with a british accent. That would be nice. ^^

On another note, the new voice actor for Zenigata does a good job in the preview !

Ah, I remembered that he had a daughter, but not 3, and now that you mention it 40-50 rings better than 30's. And yeah a British accent is a must, hopefully there is one.

Rhys2753

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2016, 08:09:47 PM »
Considering the release format, We know that DVD and BD will be available, but what do you suppose the chances would be for a combo pack release? Personally I'd hope for a complete series combo pack release, but that's just me.

SurrealBrain

• Part of the Gang
  • Hello there!
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2016, 05:49:29 PM »
I would hope it's a good one, if only because The Woman Called Fujiko Mine had one, and that would help ease shelf unity issues. For me, anyways.

If not...I can live, but I do like Blu-Ray/DVD combo packs.

DrFurball

• Just Stupidly Unfunny Enough
  • Part of the Gang
  • The hero of today, yeah!
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2016, 02:37:22 PM »
Not gonna lie, I got a little teary-eyed upon hearing Tony Oliver as Lupin again, and then Richard Epcar as Jigen...so good to hear (most of) the old cast again.
I'm kinda curious about the script, though. Is it gonna be almost word-for-word to the subs like Jigen's Gravestone was, or will there be some liberties taken for jokes not present in the original? I guess I'm hoping for the latter, since the Geneon dub of Part II and Mamo was hilarious thanks to the writing (though some of the early episodes DID go a bit too far, especially in regards to the pop-culture references).
Ceci n'est pas une signature.

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
    • http://www.lupinthethird.com
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2016, 09:20:30 PM »
I'm kinda curious about the script, though. Is it gonna be almost word-for-word to the subs like Jigen's Gravestone was, or will there be some liberties taken for jokes not present in the original?

I can't speak for the entirety of the show, but it's somewhere in the middle. Definitely not rewritten the way the Part II dub was, but it's not as 1:1 literal as some other dubs you see around. There are still some goofy characterizations for one-offs, too.

OK, I'm gonna shut up now so I don't spoil the whole thing for everyone.
-R. Nelson

DrFurball

• Just Stupidly Unfunny Enough
  • Part of the Gang
  • The hero of today, yeah!
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2016, 01:26:02 AM »
Far out, man! That's exactly what I was hoping for.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.

Rhys2753

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2017, 01:17:42 PM »
https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/status/865247692238331907
We've been quiet about LUPIN THE 3rd PART 4 because we've been waiting on that little Toonami announcement. BD/DVD still coming in 2017!!

Lupus Zeniga

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2017, 02:51:09 PM »
Good, can't wait.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2017, 04:44:30 AM »
Via the Vintage Anime Fans FB page, details on the credits. Seems TMS heard my suggestion that they use the Italian theme for the AS/Toonami broadcast.  8)

VampireNaomi

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2017, 09:14:57 AM »
Since it says music by Papik and mentions Yuji Ohno nowhere, does that mean the series will use the background music that was in the Italian version? It's not bad (I even bought the Italian soundtrack) but I'm going to be very bummed if that's the case.

Fujiko Lover

• Part of the Gang
    • Not A Hoax! Not A Dream! (my blog)
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2017, 09:29:49 AM »
UGGGGGHHH. I was SO looking forward to watching this dub on Adult Swim, but if they aren't using Yuji Ohno's score...!

What a stupid decision. The eventual DVD/Blu-Ray release had better have the Ohno score with the English dub, or DiscoTek is losing a sale from me.

I wonder if Reed knows anything about which audio tracks will be on the home release...?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 09:39:34 AM by Fujiko Lover »

Rhys2753

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2017, 10:09:24 AM »
Are you friggin kidding me? They had better have the Yuji Ohno score, I wish they'd have it on the AS broadcast.

Lupus Zeniga

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2017, 03:18:47 PM »
WHAT? Lupin with Yuji Ohno's score removed is half Lupin, no one does Lupin music as well as him!

SolHerald

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2017, 04:14:32 PM »
Ugh, I remember seeing the ending called "international" ending, and I though to myself, "boy this suck, I hope they don't use this for the US release." And they are.

I don't see the problem with using Yuji Ohno's score, CR used it, they used Yuji Ohno's score way back when they aired Part II. Anyways, Discotek, use Yuji Ohno's score, don't screw this up.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 10:59:04 PM by SolHerald »

Thief in a Red Jacket

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2017, 09:20:00 PM »
Well, that's worrisome. I haven't heard the Italian soundtrack as a whole, but I've heard the opening theme and I have nothing good to say about it whatsoever.

I'm hopeful that Discotek manages to use the Ohno score for their Blu Ray release. If not, however, I'm sad to say I'll probably be skipping this release. Ohno's score for Part IV was absolutely wonderful and I seriously doubt the Italian soundtrack can come close.

Worst case scenario, I'll just have to do with rewatching Part IV on Crunchyroll again.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 09:23:29 PM by Thief in a Red Jacket »