Author Topic: Lupn the Third Part II (Collection 1) DVD Feedback Thread  (Read 2558 times)

Akai Shuichi

• Shottogun
  • Part of the Gang
Re: Lupn the Third Part II (Collection 1) DVD Feedback Thread
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2017, 10:50:50 PM »
Any chance of getting the Creditless OP/EDs on one of the future sets? Mainly because the ones on the PLAY THE LUPIN DVD/BD are kind of crappy with all of the grain destroyed :(

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2017, 11:32:47 PM »
Sorry, this post was accidentally inserted into the wrong thread.  :-[ But now it's found the right home.

I should add that, for episode 3, a Geneon rep told me they screened it for a focus group which wasn't amused by it. Used to think they were overreacting, but in hindsight, it would be considered awkward, if you didn't get that they were making fun of Hitler. Still, I don't think it would've hurt sales that much, but they probably didn't want parents complaining about kids imitating the behaviors of the characters in that ep.

Oh, and this ep reminded me about what I said about how people who watch the DT Cagliostro of Lupin for the first time might think the rest of the show is as 'innocent'. So a TV14 or something on the cover, like what Sentai does, would've been nice. Especially since it was on tv once, too. And Daryl probably shouldn't have brought up the old show in that context, or it might turn off the casuals from buying it. Plus, yeah, I know DT needs to sell that UY movie, but there're also Nazi references in there which makes a casual wonder if he and/or the company are going for a particularly uncomfortable theme.

Anyway, since Daryl confirmed the car in that ep's a VW Beetle, I think those animators later gave us the classic Bumblebee character in Transformers.

Edit: Yeah, in the future, I think it'd be best to cover your ass by saying, 'The views and opinions expressed on this DVD do not reflect those of Discotek or TMS.' Or whatever.

Edit 2: Now that I think about it, I probably would've mentioned Walken being in this video. But then I only remembered it just now, myself, so...

Edit 3: Nothing really important, but you can watch some of the Kindaichi anime on Crunchyroll.

Edit 4: I know it ain't popular, but you could always add 'the last one recently starring Steve Martin and Beyonce' for Pink Panther.

Edit 5: Minamoto no Yoshitsune is also briefly mentioned in the recent anime from the Hellsing creator, Drifters. Also streaming on Crunchyroll.

Edit 6: Digging the Mike Toole commentary on ep. 6. These things are always nicer when they're able to incorporate personal experience. Anyway, I think the animators for the soccer field later worked on Captain Tsubasa. Also, whoever designed that crane probably worked on one of the Constructicons from Transformers. And the animators for that helicopter might've later worked on the one in the Street Fighter II anime movie. Oh, and now that I think about it, definitely the Golgo 13 movie from '83.

Edit 7: BTW, that 'Happy Birthday' thing just got addressed in a recent end credit for The Mike Tyson Mysteries.

Edit 8: Oh, and that episode 1 commentary got it wrong. That's a doll which gets 'whacked' by that killer chandelier, not a kid. The show was targeted towards a broader audience, including kids. So do you think they'd scar that target audience like that, and piss off the parents?

JAG2045

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2017, 06:52:06 PM »
Just finished Collection 1 and really enjoyed it, the episodes were good as were the dub actors (its been fun hearing them do the Blue Jacket dub, although OT is there a reason Dan Lorge isn't back as Zenigata?)

Liner notes as always were really informative and it was nice seeing the US & Japanese promos to (although the adult swim ones are just .... bizarre, to be honest if I saw them with no knowledge of Lupin III I doubt I would have ever tuned in to watch it!)

Can't wait till Collection 2 comes out  :D

DragonmasterDan

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2017, 05:22:05 PM »
Just finished Collection 1 and really enjoyed it, the episodes were good as were the dub actors (its been fun hearing them do the Blue Jacket dub, although OT is there a reason Dan Lorge isn't back as Zenigata?)

I believe he's retired :(

MGFanJay

• Part of the Gang
  • Oh yeah...
    • Hardocre Gamer Magzine - free download
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2017, 02:57:32 AM »
Got this as a Black Friday gift for myself - I'm amazed at how crisp the video quality is. I also love how everything fits into a single keepsake case - it's incredible how much of a space-saver this is.