Poll

Who do you think will call dibs on the anime *this* time?

Discotek Media
14 (93.3%)
FUNimation
0 (0%)
Sentai Filmworks
1 (6.7%)
Media Blasters
0 (0%)
No one, if TMS charges too high a fee for it.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Lupin '015 North American license predictions  (Read 4919 times)

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
Lupin '015 North American license predictions
« on: March 17, 2016, 10:42:03 PM »
I'd include Animeigo, but they haven't been in the anime acquisition game in forever.

Akai Shuichi

• Shottogun
  • Part of the Gang
Re: Lupin '015 North American license predictions
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 10:38:16 AM »
I put my money on Discotek, if FUNi got it I highly doubt they would get Epcar's company to dub it.

Red Dear

• Lupin The Third analyst and crazy penciller
  • Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 05:21:02 PM »
I put my money on Discotek, if FUNi got it I highly doubt they would get Epcar's company to dub it.

That'd indeed the most likely outcome. But I'm surprised Media Blasters is among the list, GATSU. They are quite infamous for licensing really bad anime and hentai. I thought they shut the door years ago.
Time to play the game, time to get a chance !

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2016, 07:29:48 AM »
Red: Yeah, but they're still kinda in the biz, so...

Red Dear

• Lupin The Third analyst and crazy penciller
  • Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2016, 03:03:13 PM »
Red: Yeah, but they're still kinda in the biz, so...

Damn them ! XD Still, I don't think they ever licensed Lupin III before. And we do have the confirmation Richard Epcar is directing the series IV dub.
Time to play the game, time to get a chance !

Shin Lupin Sansei

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2016, 12:09:17 AM »
Why is Media Blasters even on the list? Might as well throw Rightstuf and Viz on there too then.

Discotek all the way. I really don't want to give money to Funnymation if I don't have to.

SurrealBrain

• Part of the Gang
  • Hello there!
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2016, 09:54:43 PM »
Discotek Media are awesome, no questions asked. My only gripe is that they don't usually do dubs of anything. Even Jigen's Gravestone's dub is a gamble at best, and only Discotek themselves know if that'll lead to anything more. Besides, that, though, I've no complaints, and I'd take subbed to nothing. Though a dub is coming into existence, so they may use that. Given that they like Lupin, it wouldn't be a shocking acquisition.

I have no problems with giving Funimation my cash. I rather like them, myself. Their dubs aren't always the best, but even at worst, I usually find their dubs servicable. I don't know what the chances are for them.

Sentai Fimworks I'd also be okay with. Their dubs I hear have been improving, and even their sub-only releases are better than not getting a release at all. I don't think they ever brought over anything Lupin III even when they were ADV Films, but there's always time for that to change, so who knows?

Media Blasters...well, can't say I really like them, especially if what I heard about voice actors not getting paid for the Squid Girl dub is true. But if it has to happen, it'd be preferable to nobody licensing it. But I don't really like them, so I'll only give them cash when I really want a series or film, and they just happen to hold the license for it (like Destroy All Monsters, which I have, and the aforementioned Squid Girl). Unlikely to fall into their hands; please let it not.

Just keep it away from Aniplex USA, they charge more than they should. I might still buy from 'em, but I'm not a fan of their prices. That said, it's highly unlikely to ever get into their hands...but stranger things have happened.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2016, 07:34:29 AM »
This is just speculation, and not anything actually confirmed. But since Crunchyroll is getting into the home video game, I wouldn't be surprised if the show gets picked up by them, too.

VampireNaomi

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2016, 04:20:57 PM »
This completely passed me by, but it was announced back in May that the series has been picked up for a UK release by Anime Limited. This is pretty exciting to me since if this is a good release, I won't have to import from the US.

LadyLupin

• Part of the Gang
  • Lady Lupin Sansei
    • Lupin the 3rd Press
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2016, 10:02:15 AM »
I'm at Matsuricon with Richard Epcar. He confirmed that the blue jacket dub will be released in November.

Akai Shuichi

• Shottogun
  • Part of the Gang
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2016, 10:57:26 AM »
I'm at Matsuricon with Richard Epcar. He confirmed that the blue jacket dub will be released in November.

I find that a little hard to believe, though. There would of been a license announcement if it really is coming that soon.

SurrealBrain

• Part of the Gang
  • Hello there!
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2016, 12:41:36 PM »
Odd things have happened before. But only time will tell if they can make the date.

LadyLupin

• Part of the Gang
  • Lady Lupin Sansei
    • Lupin the 3rd Press
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2016, 12:32:19 AM »
I heard it at a panel. He announced the Geneon cast were recording it a few months back.

I find that a little hard to believe, though. There would of been a license announcement if it really is coming that soon.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 12:34:01 AM by LadyLupin »

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2016, 03:55:19 AM »
Good thing I didn't put any money down on this, huh?  ;)