Author Topic: May or may not affect Fujiko spin-off, so... [Sony buying out FUNimation?]  (Read 1822 times)

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
Details here. You never know. If the rights to that live-action Lupin lapsed, we could see the Big S trying to do a live-action film of Fujiko, instead.

Thief in a Red Jacket

• Part of the Gang
If we ever did get a live action Lupin film (which I don't really want to see, personally), I'd prefer it to not be released by Sony. Their studio executives botched up the Spider-Man franchise twice, their recent film output hasn't been all that great, and it seems like they'll be losing their biggest franchise, the Bond series, pretty soon. It's entirely possible that they would get a good director/writer for Lupin, but I'd be worried about what their executives would do to it.

mikezilla2

• Part of the Gang
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 01:05:08 am by Reed »

Thief in a Red Jacket

• Part of the Gang
Yes, I'm well aware of those two movies  :P

I should have specified, an American live-action Lupin film.

Lupus Zeniga

• Part of the Gang
I don't really see anything on that link that will confirm Sony's ownership of Lupin.

I used to like Sony, then Tom Rothman took over.  :P

SurrealBrain

• Part of the Gang
  • Hello there!
I doubt this will lead into any American live-action adaptations, considering Sony doesn't seem too interested in the Lupin the 3rd franchise.

But I do hope the only changes to Funimation are positive ones if this goes through. Given Tom Rothman loves to botch things up simply because he hates being proven wrong, I actually don't want Sony doing more than they have to.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 12:54:57 am by SurrealBrain »

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
    • http://www.lupinthethird.com
Details here. You never know. If the rights to that live-action Lupin lapsed, we could see the Big S trying to do a live-action film of Fujiko, instead.

This is a pretty big reach, Daniel.

This is definitely news but it has almost nothing to do with Lupin. I am locking the thread. (I was going to move it to "Etc." but that's apparently a read-only forum for most of you so it would be the same thing as locking it anyway.)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 01:14:53 am by Reed »
-R. Nelson