Author Topic: Cagliostro getting a limited U.S. theatrical release in September 2017  (Read 4068 times)

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
That's what TMS's tube claims. Though they're a bit mistaken about it being the 'first', since it has played in one-time venues in the past here.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 01:45:52 PM by Reed »

SolHerald

• Part of the Gang
Re: Cagliostro getting a limited fall U.S. release?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 05:41:03 PM »
Is it wrong that the pessimist in me is worried how TMS is getting directly involved in so much Lupin stuff over here in the US?

I mean its good that Lupin is getting more exposure, and as long as Discotek can keep on releasing Lupin material like they have been I'm all good.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
Re: Cagliostro getting a limited fall U.S. release?
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2017, 05:55:43 AM »
Personally, I think Conan's their more successful IP. But Lupin's the show they've had a strong attachment to, since the beginning.

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
    • http://www.lupinthethird.com
Re: Cagliostro getting a limited fall U.S. release
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 01:44:59 PM »
Please stop putting question marks in your thread titles like a clickbait headline, GATSU. If TMS themselves says it's happening, pretty sure it's happening.

That said, you are correct about them being wrong on the "first" note. Not only has it done various limited runs in select theaters, it had a Fathom Events nationwide run circa ten years ago courtesy of Manga Entertainment in that whole "Anime Bento" week event. I still have the ticket stub for the Cagliostro screening I walked out on.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 01:47:58 PM by Reed »
-R. Nelson

mikezilla2

• Part of the Gang
Walked out on ?

Fujiko Lover

• Part of the Gang
    • Not A Hoax! Not A Dream! (my blog)
Walked out on ?
Yeah, I was kind of curious about that too...

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
It was literally just the 480p Special Edition DVD with the still-frame opening titles blown up on the massive theater screen. I was holding out hope they'd gotten something a LITTLE better than the home video copy I could watch in equal quality on my home TV...maybe even HD? Maybe? Nnnnnope. IIRC, my friend and I barely stayed past the OP.
-R. Nelson

Rhys2753

• Part of the Gang
well hopefully we get a TRUE screening then lol. Chances I'll personally be able to see it are slim, being in Iowa, we barely get anime screenings as it is.

Fujiko Lover

• Part of the Gang
    • Not A Hoax! Not A Dream! (my blog)
It was literally just the 480p Special Edition DVD with the still-frame opening titles blown up on the massive theater screen. I was holding out hope they'd gotten something a LITTLE better than the home video copy I could watch in equal quality on my home TV...maybe even HD? Maybe? Nnnnnope. IIRC, my friend and I barely stayed past the OP.
Wow, that must've looked horrendous on the big screen!  I don't blame you for walking out.  Hopefully you got your money back.

JAG2045

• Part of the Gang
Cool news, I hope they do a theatrical release in the UK as well  :)

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin

Wow, that must've looked horrendous on the big screen!  I don't blame you for walking out.  Hopefully you got your money back.
[/quote]

I couldn't be bothered to ask for a refund. Mainly because, at the time, I didn't want to send a message to the theater that "running anime events is a bad idea because you'll just get pickier customers who don't buy refreshments." I really wanted to support the concept of theatrical anime screenings, but Manga's provided footage was just a poor choice that sorely disappointed me. If I'd stayed, I probably would've just kept grumbling over the movie and bothering the other 10 people in the theater.
-R. Nelson

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
Further details.

Edit: BTW, is it wrong that I'd prefer that new Goemon movie get a U.S. theatrical release more?  :-\
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 06:51:59 AM by GATSU »

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
Re: Cagliostro getting a limited U.S. theatrical release in September 2017
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2017, 07:38:48 PM »
Get yer tickets here.

Shin Lupin Sansei

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2017, 06:04:17 PM »
Has anyone booked a ticket successfully? I checked today and tickets were finally available in my area (previously everything said coming soon). I can select that I want one ticket; then the browser advances and assigns me a seat. When I move forward to confirm it tells me the assigned seat is unavailable and then assigns a new seat. When I click to continue the same results. My initial thought was the showing is sold out, but if that were the case wouldn't it say "SOLD OUT" and not try to assign me a seat?!?! I tried calling Fathom's customer service but no one answered. This is such a disappointment. I tried in both Firefox with scripts enabled (normally blocked with NoScript) and IE in case it was a browser specific issue but the ticketing site works even worse in IE than Firefox and only give a since selection before not doing anything further. What a mess....

Shin Lupin Sansei

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2017, 05:53:51 PM »
Finally got a ticket. So after several days of not being able to purchase a ticket and all indications being that the showings were NOT sold out I called Fathom Events. They called me back, then transfered me to Atom Tickets who spent about a half hour trying to figure it out and told me it was an issue between their server not properly syncing with AMC and that tickets absolutely were available (all of them in fact). They told me they would get back to me first of the week; which never happened. I kept trying for days using Fathom/Atom's web pages, AMC's web page, and the Atom app; all to no success. Called AMC support and was informed that they have this problem all the time with the Fathom events; the operator I spoke with told me he gets at least one call every day about something like this with the Fathom showings.

Finally today I tried all the web-based ticketing options again and then I directly called the theater I want to see the showing at, which out of town for me otherwise I would have just gone there in person to grab a ticket. After about 10 minutes they were able to figure out how to pick the exact seat I wanted (it is reserved/assigned seats in their venue, general admission in others) and they reserved my ticket. On a lark I checked and once they reserved my seat all the web based ticketing options suddenly now work. So basically it took a local associate and manager at an AMC to fix the problem that couldn't be handled by Fathom, Atom, or AMC corporate....lol....