Author Topic: Lupin III book: All the Animation History book question  (Read 3704 times)

JAG2045

• Part of the Gang
Lupin III book: All the Animation History book question
« on: July 05, 2017, 06:22:22 pm »
Hope someone might be able to help me out about the book "Lupin III book: All the Animation History"

I've seen 2 versions of this online, one with a green cover and one with a red cover, is there a difference between them? The preview pages seem to show the green cover has black & white pages while the red cover is in colour but is that right? Are there any other books in the series as well? Also were they ever available in English or just in Japanese?

Would appreciate any help  ;)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 06:23:55 pm by JAG2045 »

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
    • http://www.lupinthethird.com
Re: Lupin III book: All the Animation History book question
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 01:33:35 am »
All I can recall off the top of my pointy head is that they're different books. The green one is bigger than the red, but it does not contain the contents of the red book. They cover different things.

Edit: From what my previous email exchanges tell me, the green book is a better choice for someone wanting to research the series...likely more written work and interview-type content is included. The red book is more of a "character book" with screencaps and such.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 01:37:13 am by Reed »
-R. Nelson

JAG2045

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 06:30:09 pm »
All I can recall off the top of my pointy head is that they're different books. The green one is bigger than the red, but it does not contain the contents of the red book. They cover different things.

Edit: From what my previous email exchanges tell me, the green book is a better choice for someone wanting to research the series...likely more written work and interview-type content is included. The red book is more of a "character book" with screencaps and such.

Great, thanks for clarifying Reed. I just ordered them both as they look really interesting ;-)

mikezilla2

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 07:49:22 pm »
are there any English Works out there ?

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
    • http://www.lupinthethird.com
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2017, 02:02:25 am »
Nothing in English, no. At one point, a company that did a bunch of anime "data books" I guess you could call them, or maybe primers, had a Lupin book planned for the US market but it got canned before release. Cocoro Books I think they went by, at least in the US. But it was probably nothing to get excited about....since it was unofficial, the character art would've been silhouetted to avoid lawsuits.
EDIT: Here's the Amazon listing so you can see what it would've looked like. https://www.amazon.com/Lupin-III-File-Confidential-Mysteries/dp/0974596175/ref=sr_1_15?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1505973880&sr=1-15&keywords=lupin+iii&refinements=p_n_feature_nine_browse-bin%3A3291437011

JAG2045: Did you get them? Do you like them? Was my second-hand understanding of their contents correct, or does it need adjustment?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 02:05:23 am by Reed »
-R. Nelson